Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Neteller called me regarding Neteller VIP

Up to this point I have had zero indication that being a Neteller VIP amounts to anything. So I was a little surprised today that Neteller called me. A few weeks ago I got an email regarding a promotion for all Canadian neteller vips for a trip to Miami package. However I normally never click on the email due to phishing etc. Neteller gave me a courtesy call today to remind me, entered me and to thank me for being their top 1% yada yada.....

I was having dinner and regretted not talking to her for very long, but the consensus was that they were there to cater to their vips and have some really exciting things planned for all vips. I'll take it with a grain of salt but so far it does show they are actually doing something.

I have no doubt that the US legislation have a lot to do with it and the impending 270 day enforcement, but it's kinda nice to know that Neteller is actually going out of their way to take care of their vips. It was a nice conversation and nice to get some personal attention.

EDIT: may be a good idea to save those worthless neteller points [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Neteller called me regarding Neteller VIP

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to live chat with Neteller because I got the same call about the Miami trip a few weeks ago and was a little worried about it possibly being a phishing attempt. Did they ask you for your secret word or whatever it's called?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 PM

yeah they did, it's legit. They asked me my secret question first before our conversation. I was a little hesitant to talk too much personal info when them over the phone just in case. This led our convo onto other things about the neteller VIP stuff, so it was all good.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:06 PM

Let me get this straight. Someone called you, you didn't call them. They ask you the secret question, and you give them the answer, no questions asked.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this scenerio? Am I missing something important here?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight. Someone called you, you didn't call them. They ask you the secret question, and you give them the answer, no questions asked.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this scenerio? Am I missing something important here?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP: post in BBV in about 2-3 weeks.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:11 PM

I'm in the UK and a few months ago they sent me a voucher for a meal at the Ivy for £150 (US$290). The phone call came from the Canada office rather than the UK office. It was all straight-up, so clearly some Neteller customers are genuinely getting the VIP treatment, as opposed to Party's VIP treatment....

PJ
Old 12-13-2006, 06:22 PM

I was called and asked what my secret word was. I refused to provide it,but told them to just send me any promo stuff to my address...

They said they would email me to show they're legit but I think I pass on Miami lol.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda felt like a dufus afterwards, but it's not like they could've known which secret question it was. Nonetheless I didn't really gave them any information regarding my account or anything. Just to be safe though I did went on live chat afterwards with neteller and they did confirm it was legit and one of their representatives did call me. I told them in the future I don't really want unnannouced phone calls because of phishing attempts. They did understood as they said there were other people with this concern. Hopefully they do something about this in the future.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:43 PM

Just checked my account. 24 hours later, no money withdrawn. So still good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 AM

She called me too. She sounded pretty hot, yes?

Also, its not just a trip to Miami, its a trip to THE SUPERBOWL!!