Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Hand I misplayed.. thoughts?

Hi I havenīt played poker much I learned to play about 3,5 months ago and havenīt played much lately but planning to start playing more serious now on especially after I made the test on donkeytest.com and got 133 and only have played 12k hands and I thought that maybe I could get really good at NL and make some cash in the future and I think its very fun to play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is a hand I misplayed would like to hear thoughts. (My english ainīt to good by the way so sorry for bad grammar) Could I have called on turn? How do you think I should have played the hand?

GAME #708777736: Texas Hold'em NL $0.02/$0.04 2007-11-03 03:14:57
Table Lexington
Seat 1: bluffalicious ($1.72 in chips)
Seat 3: sunsister ($5.79 in chips)
Seat 6: Henrik1986 ($6.54 in chips)
Seat 8: Bluffffer ($5.66 in chips) DEALER
bluffalicious: Post SB $0.02
sunsister: Post BB $0.04
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Henrik1986 [SA S9]
Dealt to Bluffffer [DK DA]
Henrik1986: Raise $0.16
Bluffffer: Call $0.16
bluffalicious: Call $0.14
sunsister: Fold
*** FLOP *** [HA C9 C8]
bluffalicious: Check
Henrik1986: Bet $0.36
Bluffffer: Call $0.36
bluffalicious: Fold
*** TURN *** [DJ]
Henrik1986: Check
Bluffffer: Bet $1.00
Henrik1986: Fold
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.16 Rake $0.08
Bluffffer: wins $2.16

Bluffffer=V1
bluffalicious=V2

I have played some against both V1 and V2.
V=1 Multitabling TAG 12/9 but ainīt very good, got fold issues(Won At SD 45,45) and Valuebet not to strong hands. BB/100hands -1,76 in 596 hands
V2= huge fish vp 69,01/5,63 one of the worst player I have played against. BB/100hands -112,32 in 142hands.
My table image= have played pretty tight and very aggressive
I had won almost all hands I played so far havenīt got caught bluffing and only hand i showed down was strong but havenīt played long.

Preflop I make standard raise and V1 call I donīt like and V2 call are no surprise and can have any two cards.
I flop two pair and really like my hand my only worry are that Bluffffer hit set. I only bet 36c into 52c pot because of three reasons. 1: I want V2 to call thats not unlikely(huge fish call a lot with nothing) if I donīt bet to much. Two I bet fairly small because I want to be able to keep stealing pots without risking to much and if I would bet pot here I may lose credibility that deteriorate my future steals chances to succeed if Villains see I bet more with strong hands. 3 I want to give V1 chance to rr with TP.
V1 calls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] V2 fold [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now I am very sure VI only got 5 possibly hands AK-AJ,99 or 88. I donīt think V1 would call raise with KQs and I think most likely now are AQ becouse I thought that V1 would 3 bet AK preflop.
Turn comes and I make my major mistake in the hand I check, I was tired and didnīt have much time to make my decision I thought no K,Q,J or club now so when turn came with J I didnīt like it and checked to see what V1 would do obv big mistake and I think I should have made an bet for about 60%? of pot if I got raised I could safely fold to big reraise. But now I didnīt and V1 bet out pretty strong, could I have called here? my thinking was that the only hand I could beat was AK and AQ and still they could be suited and river a flush to beat me or get and Q or K. My thinking also was that V1 would have 3 bet preflop with AK and would bet AQ less hard(60-65%pot) so I really thought that fold was right because it would have cost very much if I would lose and not so much if I fold and that more hands could beat me than I could beat. V1 tightness also made my fold easier because I really wanted to stay away from V1 unless I really knew I got best hand because I know how tight V1 plays. V1 was kind enough to show AdKd [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] DAMN I PLAYED THIS HAND BAD! Your thoughts plz?