Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

Orange, just thinking about this yesterday after watching the Jim Rome show on ESPN.

He talked about how sad the USC v ND game is going to be, and the fact that it has become a farce with how little the Irish have competed.

How bad does that make the Miami v FSU game this saturday if it wasn't even mentioned. To me (admittedly a lil biased) this was one of the top 5 rivalry games in college football for many years. This was definitely the marquee game of the ACC when Miami joined it.

And both programs are in absolute shambles...
Old 10-19-2007, 10:00 AM

What a game. Rutgers played like they had nothing to lose and USF did not adapt. There were many plays where Grothe should have tucked the ball and run for 15 yards. Rutgers left the middle open a lot. I agree that a QB draw or two would have been good calls. That might have been the bets executed fake goal I have ever seen. Props to the guy making that fingertip catch.

BRAG: Got to meet and talk to Lee Roy Selmon.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a game. Rutgers played like they had nothing to lose and USF did not adapt. There were many plays where Grothe should have tucked the ball and run for 15 yards. Rutgers left the middle open a lot. I agree that a QB draw or two would have been good calls. That might have been the bets executed fake goal I have ever seen. Props to the guy making that fingertip catch.

BRAG: Got to meet and talk to Lee Roy Selmon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you enjoyed yourself, even though they lost Frank
Old 10-19-2007, 10:44 AM

I had a great time. I'm not sure if you guys will totally understand this, but there is something very enjoyable about being around younger people who are are hyped up about something (even if they want the other team to win). It was a fun environment to be a part of. After the game, I shook hands with the Rutgers student who I talking to (we were ribbing each other throughout the game -- my best line "You guys need to look into getting Princeton back on your schedule")for most of the game and he had a slightly surprised/shocked look that I wasn't pissed. I mean, I was upset USF lost, but you give credit to a team when they beat you on the field.

Sure, the Rutgers were razzing me the minute I got out of my car in the parking lot, but I was good natured about it and everything was cool. If someone seemed like a d-bag I either avoided him or mentioned that my dad was a Rutgers alum and people seemed chill with that.

One comment. I was saddened that the hot chick ratio at RU seems to be something like 8-1. The USF Cheerleaders were the hottest women there (and that includes the RU Dance Team and Flag Girls). Oh well...
Old 10-19-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One comment. I was saddened that the hot chick ratio at RU seems to be something like 8-1. The USF Cheerleaders were the hottest women there (and that includes the RU Dance Team and Flag Girls). Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

You dirty old man [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM

Worm,
I agree. How far both programs have fallen. I think that both will resurge in the coming years however. I think that BB still has it, just his staff is relatively new.

UM on the other hand, they have a long way to go. UF plays them (UM) and FSU next year. as well as those overrated cupcakes Hawaii. WHoo.

42it,
glad you enjoyed yourself. seems like it wouldve been a fun game to be at.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:21 PM

Is it me or did goofy get much more boring since he started that job. And didnt he have a date or something, can someone link me?

Girlfriend applied for one of the best colleges in japan a week ago. She thought she did really bad on the entrance exam, and she got the letter today. And she passed, she started crying and hopping around. I feel like I should give her something special, ideas ssnl?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:55 PM

To those of you out of school and in the real world, how do you deal with a lack of motivation at work?

For those of you that don't know my story, I worked as both an Operations manager, and eventually a General Manager for a company based in California that built Custom Outdoor BBQ's.

With my market so closely tied to the housing market the business I was involved with took a severe hit in 2006. After hemorrhaging money for most of the year a decision was made to shut the business down in the beginning of 2007.

Basically long story short I ended up working through the help of a friend at A large Corporation that handles tax and payroll. First time every working in a truly corporate environment, and I honestly feel like every day I live the movie Officespace.

Now part of my problem I know is that I am basically starting over at 27, and it pretty much sucks. But I find myself increasingly spending more time on 2+2 and other stupid crap instead of focusing on my work.

It's a good job to start back over with, with a stable company decent starting salary and good benefits....but I just can't seem to stay focused.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I should give her something special, ideas ssnl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any advice is much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Set mini-goals every day. I set a goal of what I have to get done before I will go on the Internet. Just get yourself into a routine that works for you.
Closed Thread