Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Ahmadinejad Ground Zero request

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know, similar to what Nielso et al spew about the Federal Reserve and international bankers (which also has anti-semitic undertones).

[/ QUOTE ]

you should amend that statement to explicitly say that you are not accusing nielso of being anti-semitic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probably. I would have replaced Neilso with "X" but It won't let me edit now. I don't really know what Neilso's view is so that was dumb. But its certainly the view of many video's hes linked such as Zeitgeist and that dude who died recently.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy's been protrayed, rightly or wrongly, as Hitler and Stalin rolled into one. Having him go to Ground Zero would be political dynamite for the administration.

Allowing him to visit Ground Zero could be a way toward diffusing the tensions betwen the two countries. Which is why we won't allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Possibly the first time I've agreed with Andy here.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:40 AM

imo, letting the guy visit the site is a slap in the face to the dead.

he's a leading sponsor of terror, a vicious holocaust denier, his military is actively supporting and operating with opposition groups in iraq that are killing american troops, and by his own admission looks forward to the day when his 12th Imam rides to glory on his f'n winged horse to make vengeance upon us infidels and make the world a perfect islamic society. can't wait for that!

there is no reasoning or dealing with such people. the only invite this guy needs is an up close and personal meeting with a .50 caliber peacekeeper.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imo, letting the guy visit the site is a slap in the face to the dead.

he's a leading sponsor of terror, a vicious holocaust denier, his military is actively supporting and operating with opposition groups in iraq that are killing american troops, and by his own admission looks forward to the day when his 12th Imam rides to glory on his f'n winged horse to make vengeance upon us infidels and make the world a perfect islamic society. can't wait for that!

there is no reasoning or dealing with such people. the only invite this guy needs is an up close and personal meeting with a .50 caliber peacekeeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

You give reasons that could very easily be altered to refer to George Bush... religious fanatic, blood of American troops on his hand, leading contributor to terrorism, dislikes non-Christians and subsequently presumably thinks non christians, gays and other undeseriables will get [censored] over during the rapture .
Old 09-20-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We don't normally run propaganda for countries we aren't friendly with

[/ QUOTE ]
I envy your style. You say in one sentence what takes others an entire book to communicate...
Old 09-20-2007, 11:03 AM

I think a teary, Ground Zero-side reconciliation between Ahmedinawhatever and Bush is pretty damn unlikely. This is just a PR stunt, and there's no reason to let this go on.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy's been protrayed, rightly or wrongly, as Hitler and Stalin rolled into one. Having him go to Ground Zero would be political dynamite for the administration.

Allowing him to visit Ground Zero could be a way toward diffusing the tensions betwen the two countries. Which is why we won't allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct
Old 09-20-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either works equally well for him and he'll use it for both international and Iranian consumption. Whatever his 'request' is it is not, imo, an attempt to reach out to the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone actually views this as an attempt to reach out to the US, however its a good opportunity for us to reach out to him. By us I mean the American people, not the bureaucrats... let the human side take over. Its not the time or place for a tour by Rice of course, there are other solutions.

A little background on Ahmadinejad because it might be relevent, he is a known manipulator. He was at odds with the conservative Imans so at risk of losing power he embraced conservatism and changed his style. I also read that the denial of holocaust statements were never recorded before he was in charge, its likely that he does not believe the things he is saying - oddly which makes him a more dangerous man. Ahmadinejad is generally hated by other Shiite and Sunni nations because he is helping to empower Iran to take control of the Sunni base, Ahmadinejad's vision is for Iran to be the center of control Shiite people everywhere... hence the rhetoric about Israel; its all political in the end.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 AM

Reach out to him and say what?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 AM

i recently read that Ahmadinejad challenged Bush to a debate of some sorts and white house completely ignored his request. Shame Bush would completely embarrass himself if this type of debate would go on. Ahmadinejad is a pretty smart guy.
Nothing wrong can come from communicating with your enemies, even if you are giving them a publicity opportunity.