Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Engaged for July - suddenly not ready.

yeah we will probably get married in a year or two. we are both very comfortable with our relationship, we are committed to each other long term, have made major career / housing / financial commitments, etc. we are more married than a lot of married people i know.

we are both only 24 so it's not like all our friends are rushing to get married either.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point I can't imagine finding a woman who is actually happy to live with me day in and day out, who always wants me around, and who makes my day better even when I'm [censored] sick of her and she's sick of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
NT!,

Thanks for the advice. This quoted part hit home the most, because this is exactly how I feel about my fiancé. I can't imagine there's anyone else in the world that would put up with all my neuroses and [censored]. We're very alike in a lot of ways, but also not in others. I tend to think we're alike in the ways that matter. Thanks, though, it does help me to make sense of the situation.

Bobo, I don't disagree with your advice. I wasn't asking rhetorically how to suggest a slow-down. I was seriously looking for tips.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At this point I can't imagine finding a woman who is actually happy to live with me day in and day out, who always wants me around, and who makes my day better even when I'm [censored] sick of her and she's sick of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
NT!,

Thanks for the advice. This quoted part hit home the most, because this is exactly how I feel about my fiancé. I can't imagine there's anyone else in the world that would put up with all my neuroses and [censored]. We're very alike in a lot of ways, but also not in others. I tend to think we're alike in the ways that matter. Thanks, though, it does help me to make sense of the situation.

Bobo, I don't disagree with your advice. I wasn't asking rhetorically how to suggest a slow-down. I was seriously looking for tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope we helped... I was quite hammered last night, after re-reading it sober turns out I gave some decent advice, as did NT. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 PM

i dated for a year before i got engaged, hen was engaged for 3 months.The college i attended first was 8 to 1 women to men. Just incredible, when people heard i was engaged they came out the word works wanting a chance.
It came down to this for me....
I know i could have something else,
1) would it be better? its really hard to say, cause people change afer six months, a year. You leave one for the other you barley just know, they mght be batshit crazy in six moonths, andthen you have thrown a good thing away.
2) if you jus sex them up, and get caught, or fill guilty, you just throw away the las year or however long you put into it for a couple minutes, hours, maybe a day.
3) in wome i think the best principal to have, is if your gona cheat, cheat up. So you have to ask yourself like nt said, if she will put up with my [censored], and i can bear hers, and we both still enjoy it and want to continue it....i think it would be really hard to find someone thats better, just because she might be a bit prettier, and have better taste in usic an movies