Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]

The only potentially compelling piece of evidence that has been publically discussed are the timing tells. For example, if any (or all) account exhibited the following behavior:

Hero raises preflop, villain 3bets, hero waits exactly 4.3 seconds and hero calls.

If this account is a real player, he must have a 4.3second timer that is automatically set in this situation, and he clicks call when it trips. This should be unlikely enough that this account is deemed a bot beyond reasonable doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would someone please tell this guy that I play very fast. The example he is giving is not illustrative of the way I play.

[ QUOTE ]

Now imagine how many possible detectable elements there are to a bot program. Right now the botter has no idea how FTP detected him. That is why beatme came to the forum to make a big stink. If FTP told the botter: 'we know you're a bot, and this is how', the botter could fix the problem, and sign right back up. Right now, there is too much risk of immediate detection for the botter to sign up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing to fix. I am not a bot any more than you are an admiral.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she said she mostly sat by herself but would occasionally chase fish. i was one of the fish beatme would chase. i refused to play her cuz i knew she was good. i think, though im not sure, she might have tried chatting with me asking why i wont play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for sharing this.

Does anyone know of instances where the other accused bots have sat down at an occupied table?

Does anyone know of instances where the other accused bots have apparently chased a specific player?

If beatme1 has done something that the other bots never did that would be an actual relevant fact. Facts are in very short supply right now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 06-04-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't care WHAT evidence FT has...if they are going to confiscate funds, they have to allow some sort of reasonable appeal process or proper oversight. If they don't want to provide this, then they need to close the account and return the funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't. It isn't a trial, you do not have the right to anything in these cases. You agreed to it all when you clicked the button agreeing to their terms and conditions. If you don't like the way they have handled this then don't play there.

I don't know if beatme1 used a bot, but I trust that after the debacle letting nation's pals go they are looking to get things right this time. It also seems like beatme1 is leaving something out since every other one of these cases we hear about has Full Tilt emailing the user to let them know that their account is under investigation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh. Do we need to be quite so literal?

I don't know if they legally have to...what I mean is that this would be the proper way of doing business. Is it in their T&C's that they can take your money when they want to? Wouldn't surprise me if it is. Just the same, how can there be NO avenue for appeal? This doesn't bother you? I don't play there anyway, I just can't believe FT would conduct themselves this way, and even worse, that people find this acceptable.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:25 PM

In all seriousness you should never play someone high stakes limit HU unless you chat with them and they respond. Sure they could be sitting there watching their bot and chatting, but at least it provides some security.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It won't happen to you. Unless you're a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Teddy's mom.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All funds remaining in your Full Tilt Poker accounts have been seized in order to compensate the victims of your bot use.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one part of the story that shouldn't be a big mystery.

FTPDoug should be coming on here to explain what is being done with the $70000. That's a lot of money and unlike security procedures there is no legitimate reason for cheating compensation to be a secret.

Until then I urge everyone who lost money to beatme recently to write FTP and ask what they have done with the money. If no one reports getting any money back it's hard to escape the conclusion that FTP is keeping the money for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. This is what I was getting at earlier.
Until we hear "sweet- got monies back from Full Tilt for being botted" stories the actions regardless of the circumstances work in Full Tilt's favor, which is the part of this outcome that seems very in line with the NL "bots" outcome, where Tilt took much longer to determine they couldn't determine anything, and had an involved dialogue with the accused- which in this case they didn't.

Again- I have almost zero interest right now in the actual guilt or innocence because I don't believe whatever "evidence" was used by Full Tilt to make this determination will ever become public knowledge, and speculating is a waste of time.
That said, there are some plausible scenarios that seem to be dismissed straight out simply because Full Tilt closed the account and punishment is being used as proof of guilt.
Given their track record that seems a ridiculous leap of faith in Full Tilt, but does show how an outcome like this actually works in their favor regardless of actual guilt.

Email for those refunds. gogogogo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If FT is anything like Party you can forget about a refund. ABout 8-9 months ago, when there aere 31 bots on Party mid limits, there was a huge thread here on 2p2 and eventually, the bots all disappeared one day. I never got a refund.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

beatme, what was your name on pokerroom? i used to play there 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

My nickname was redgar3. Please note that many players copied my nickname to try to prevent me from getting a game so there were lots of variations of this name used. If you were at the pokerroom wsop party last year you might have met me. I was a little tipsy and I kept telling people that I'm the real redgar.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Poster: Gregatron
Subject: Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It won't happen to you. Unless you're a bot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or Teddy's mom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or anyone else who Gatorade can't beat.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My nickname was redgar3. Please note that many players copied my nickname to try to prevent me from getting a game so there were lots of variations of this name used. If you were at the pokerroom wsop party last year you might have met me. I was a little tipsy and I kept telling people that I'm the real redgar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, played with you on Pokerroom.com.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA youre redgar? i heard you were an asian guy, youre a girl? i have played countless hands with you over like 3 years. I REALLY dont think redgar was a bot. her timing was WAY not consistent, she played weird sometimes, and she sometimes (though rarely) chased bad players (not me though). funny, that on there, you would start to refuse to play me and on FT you would chase me. i opened up several accounts on several skins, and it would take you a while to figure out who i am, then you'd say, no thanks frank. my accounts were under the names FRANK111x, nachomama1, Adriana, Ridinajagx, Elizabeth,pepperoni222, redgar33(i had fake redgar to play jimmy too), and a few more i cant remember right now. i think overall we about broke even.