Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 09:08 PM

Default Chicago area poker - this weekend

I'm quickly discovering that I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend and haven't played live in about a dog's life, so I'd like to make it out to any of the Chicago area cardrooms this weekend. Any 2p2er's headed out there this weekend for a possible meet-up? Probably looking to arrive Saturday mid-afternoon and stay v. late.

The Doc
Old 05-17-2006, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Chicago area poker - this weekend

I usally play at majestic star on Saturdays but not this weekend. I have information on all the Chicago Area poker rooms at wwwChicagoPokerClub.net . GOOD LUCK!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:35 PM

What are you looking to play? I've been spending a lot of Saturday's at Resorts recently, but will be out of town this weekend.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you looking to play? I've been spending a lot of Saturday's at Resorts recently, but will be out of town this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL at any level really, but preferably 5-10 and above. I left my destination ambiguous in the original post because I'm open and would go to any place that people were going to be at.

The Doc
Old 05-18-2006, 01:40 AM

I used to be aregular at resorts they have a pretty soft 5-10 NL game, there are some good players and some donkeys that think they just won the wsop, catch those fish and fryem, i play 5-10, 10-20 limit there and they are pretty soft good luck to you

and chicago joe i am going to check out that website, dang i thought i was the only one in the chicago aread that is on 2p2
Old 05-18-2006, 08:57 AM

I'll be at Resorts Friday and Saturday night, playing 5/10 limit. Also, I don't know how high stakes you're looking to play, but Resorts runs and uncapped NL on Friday nights that (from admittadly only watching maybe 10-20 hands) looks pretty good.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

NL at any level really, but preferably 5-10 and above. I left my destination ambiguous in the original post because I'm open and would go to any place that people were going to be at.

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be at Potawatomi (Milwaukee) Friday and Saturday as always. 3/5 NL 600 max. Softest game and best structure in the Chicago area.

If you are closer to downtown/Indiana, and you are rolled appropriately, hit the Trump (now Blue Star) 10/25NL.

edit: 10/25NL @ trump/Blu* is uncapped
Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Resorts runs and uncapped NL on Friday nights that (from admittadly only watching maybe 10-20 hands) looks pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is Resorts uncapped?

Last time I was there (not too long ago) it was either 5/5 or 5/10 (players choice) NL 500 max.

Edit:
I just called the poker room @ Resorts and confirmed that the structure is indeed still 5/10NL 200 min/500 max.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:29 AM

Anyone have any info on the 10-25 nl game at the old Trump? Looking to play next weekend and wondering if it's a good situation. I'm adequately bankrolled, but will only play if it is a weak game, and would prefer not to fight friday afternoon traffic to play in a $200 max game.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:48 AM

I haven't been for a couple of weeks, but they were running one table uncapped on Friday night for at least 3 weeks straight. I figured it was a regular thing, guess not.