Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 50k HU Tourney

i have from cts, jman, and stinger. everyone else, please PM me with their names so that we can get this set up. thanks.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:18 PM

Can you guys estimate about when this is going to take place? Im obv going to rail, but im getting tired of checking this thread all the time.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 PM

FTP: The Gift of Gab
Stars: TheGiftOfGab
Old 07-15-2007, 08:58 PM

I would like to play but I don't really want to spend a month doing it. If this can be a couple day thing I'm in, if not, no big deal.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:27 PM

unlucky daniel on the M/E bustout. you played awesome! congrats!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to play but I don't really want to spend a month doing it. If this can be a couple day thing I'm in, if not, no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could always try to lose quickly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In order to give a lot of play, it looks like we're going to run a round robin for the first round. So that's going to require, 3-4 best of three matches. If you can schedule all of your matches on the same day, you could have a very good idea of whether or not you will make it to the next round right then. If you do make it to the next round, though, you would have to wait for your opponent to finish their round robin matches, with which people's schedules could certainly require the full week.

I have no problem letting the tournament run as quickly as possible, even if it means letting people play round two before other people finish round one, in order to avoid people 'waiting around', but doubtful you'll be able to coordinate with everyone to play in one day. Maybe a few days for round one, wait a few days, then one or two more days for the later rounds...? It really all depends on people's schedules... There's no theoretical reason why the whole thing couldn't happen in two or three days. But people have other things going on...

edit: if you would send me your screen names, then I could get to finalizing the financial arrangements, and we could finalize the details, which might make things clearer for everyone...
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 PM

You could do it like a chess tournament...

double or triple round robin, with all the players playing each other. Make it 100bb so it doesn't take too long.

After that, the top two scorers play a deeper stacked match for the chamionship. If 4 are getting paid, 3 and 4 play a match too.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 AM

This would be easy to work in terms of numbers for any even number.

Obv. The 4-8-16 works well but in the case of 12-14 there are several ways to get to an easy number.

1. Have two pools with even players 6/7 have everyone play round robin style HU (1 or 3 matches w/e ppl want) and have the 2 with best records advancing to the 4-Man stage.

2. Instead of offering byes whether they are random or not have the excess people pay 25K each and play for a seat in the tournament. Till you have a nice number. e.g 10 runners
4 ppl play 2 25K HU matches to win a seat in the 8 man tournament. I think they did something similiar to this at the commerce HU championship last year (and what they should have done at the WSOP this year).

Second note of consideration, everyone here seems to have a structure they would like to play, when players are entering the play-offs (final four or are in a traditional pyramid bracket), I think they should be able to negotiate with the other player if they both wish to play a slightly differenet structure they should be able to. However there should be a default structure agreed on beforehand in cases where a structure can't be settled on.

I would really like to see this tournament run gl to you all. These are just a few thoughts which I hope make it easier on TWP and all the players to settle on a format.

Ryot
Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 PM

A double elimination with random seeding could work.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM

I'm interested about the tournament, just need to know when its played