Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: very crazy 10-25 hand

Committing that much on the flop with bottom 2 is really bad.

People, even loose donks are committing 500BB with less than bottom 2. Given the action, we can't be that far ahead anyway, so why should we try to give ourselves a harder spot on the turn than we have to?

Bet 1/2 pot on turn.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 AM

If you're going to smoothcall the flop, you had better be reading extremely well. I would make it about 3K on the flop, and of course get it in with anyone except the button (13K guy). If the bettor has you beat, fine, but MANY more times you're going to shut out hands that are drawing liver than they realize against you, and probably just win a pretty big pot right there.

Bet 800 on the turn, for reals.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 AM

Not leading this turn (for small-to-moderate amount) is a big mistake, IMHO.

Here's why: You have 3 opponents in the hand, at least one of whom is on a flush draw (dead, of course). I bet $1,400 (into the $3,800 pot). If MP3 (who had bet $800 into a $600 pot on the flop) wants to flex his muscle and raise a strong ace, so be it >> yeah, you might lose the draw-chasers, but now it's relatively easy to get it all in on the turn. If he either calls or folds, you've probably got at least 1 of the other 2 chasing a draw, which you're obviously hoping he hits on the river. Allowing this to get checked around would be disastrous.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:28 AM

Thanks for you invaluable information gol4pro, it's really a gem to all of us here who don't know how to properly value our hands in a correct fashion.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:48 AM

i think the only major reason to consider betting the turn is to prevent MP3 from jamming just enough to shut out the other players who are drawing while betting 800 is a blocking bet (lol block bet with the nuts, interesting). however, that shouldnt be a problem because i have no worries stacking MP3 for all his money. i think betting here lets the cat out of the bag that im not on a draw. i expect MP3 to bet the turn after showing so much strength on the flop, so i get a beautiful checkraise in. its also not the end of the world if it gets checked around obviously, as i want to make the draws think they have the nuts if they connect.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:06 AM

TStone I agree with you strongly. I guess the bet could be considered a blocking bet by someone, putting you on a flush draw or something, but I really think it puts your hand face up with anyone who can read a hand worth a [censored]. The bet on the flop put a lot of money in the pot, so checking around isn't bad even if a draw misses.

If you bet 1/2 the pot and get called by a flush draw, whats your river plan? Leading the pot? Obv house. C/R AI? Seems suboptimal.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:16 AM

Are you willing to play for 500BB with an underfull?

People in general willing to do that?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you willing to play for 500BB with an underfull?

People in general willing to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon. TStone isn't an clown. We all know there are times to fold fives full on this board, but if this were one of them OP would have let us know about it. The implicit assumption here is that against this lineup at this point in the session OP has the nuts (pending some bizarre developments).

--Nate
Old 01-02-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TStone I agree with you strongly. I guess the bet could be considered a blocking bet by someone, putting you on a flush draw or something, but I really think it puts your hand face up with anyone who can read a hand worth a [censored]. The bet on the flop put a lot of money in the pot, so checking around isn't bad even if a draw misses.

If you bet 1/2 the pot and get called by a flush draw, whats your river plan? Leading the pot? Obv house. C/R AI? Seems suboptimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

leading the turn puts your 57s 'face up'?
hardly.

bet it.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:56 PM

I agree with cero-z on most points,except i make it a lil bigger on the flop, lil over 4k..just outta habit.
And I completely disagree with the 800 bet on turn. If btn is a loose caller, you loose way to much value here. I think 2/3xpot upto pot is what i would bet.
I also think that such bets tend to be a lil too "transparent" against semi-decent players.