Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Kill button, act out of turn

Killing time in an 8/16 1/2 kill game. This room's killer gets to act last unless there is a raise but I made an error.

middle position limps, I am next to act and raise - Im reminded by the dealer that I am acting out of turn so I take my chips back, everyone fold to the big blind who calls - so i decide to check instead of raise because if the BB knows I intend to raise yet still calls my hand just lost significant value.

The hand plays out to the end, I fold the turn and BB wins. Then the player to my right scolds the dealer for allowing me to not remain committed to the raise because I acted out of turn. It was a friendly discussion, nobody way upset, the floor ruled I should have been forced to raise even though the dealer said he has been in this situation before and all the other floors ruled that the action out of turn is not binding if there is significant action AFTER the killer's intentions are declared. I agreed with the dealers view because the BB has the advantage of knowing my intent, therefore i shouldn't be bound to a raise once he enters the pot (if he didn't enter the pot then I should of course be bound to a raise).

Tell me B&M forum, how would you rule?