Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Monotone flop, unknown goes allin

NL10
I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to 4BB on button, get 2 callers, both unknown.

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.59)
One player goes allin immediately for $6.87, other player folds.

Is this ever a call? With what hands would you call this against a "typical" player? What odds would you need to call with this JJ?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Monotone flop, unknown goes allin

The way he played it, I think he has a pair and either the K or A high flush draw. You have to put in 6.87 to win 8.46, giving you only slightly better than 1.2:1 odds. However, there is a possibility he has a made flush, a set, or something else, which lowers our odds of winning this hand. We don't have the J of hearts, so if he has/makes his flush, we're drawing dead.

I don't see this as a profitable call given the odds, unless we're playing against a complete maniac.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Monotone flop, unknown goes allin

I would expect this guy to either be an overexcited moron with a flush or a scared donkey with two pair or so at one of these tables. Either way I can't imagine ever calling here.
As for the price you would need, I would think that you would need a pretty large one (although I don't know exactly how big) since you lack the jack of hearts. With that card you could call much more often.