Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $6.15
UTG+1: $6.80
CO: $7.35
Hero: $9.55
SB: $12.30
BB: $9.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.6, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4.3, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.3, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: $4.3

Standard 2+2 raise PF, but also I'm setting it up for limper to call with a SPR of ~6, which according to PNL is an excellent target for a likely overpair. I get called by SB and BB and limper folds, all of which is unexpected, but I have SPRs of &lt;10 for each of them, so that still is probably fine.

The flop is paired, and I get a weak donk-bet from BB of 1/4 pot. Calling feels to weak, so I raise and if he RR I'm probably done with the hand. I raise to what I would c-bet anyway... I feel that it's enough to force BB to pull the trigger if he has the Q, and call with a hand I'm beating. I was shooting for "enough to get the job done and no more."

Turn puts a 3-flush on the board, I check behind since I think I'll have to fold to a CR (which a queen and flush could easily do here hoping that I keep up the aggression).

River is a blank, and I consider betting but I don't think I get called by too much that I'm beating (maybe TT or 99), but I decide that I'm just as happy to get to SD.

I feel it's important to play big pairs well, as both a tendency to stack off with them and also not extract enough are big hits to winrate. Should I have bet the river to try to extract more here? Does anyone hate my flop raise size? All thoughts are appreciated.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: 10NL - KK Line Check

i think it's safe to make a half-ish pot size bet on the river. i agree that he probably is on a smaller pair, so i think it's safe. i mean, he could very well have A4 or something, his donkbet is lol.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: 10NL - KK Line Check

I think with his river check, we can assume he doesn't have a hand that beats you. I can't see him checking two streets with a Q, a full house, or a flush. It's time to take our friend to value town, maybe 2 dollars or so. Maybe he calls with 77-99.