Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 12:25 AM

Default 10NL - QQ Line Check

<font color=" red">Reads:
Villain is CO running at 10/7.2/0.5 over ~50 hands. Seems to be a thinking player.

I've been trying to play aggressively. I've been working on trying out the line of 3/4 pot bet on flop, 2/3 on turn, and 1/2 on river as my standard line (the standard line in FTS), so the table's seen me fire some fairly big bets in relation to the pot. Aggression shouldn't necessarily convince them I have the nuts...</font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
[url=http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter]Converter[/url

Stack sizes:
Hero: $9.55
UTG+1: $11.05
CO: $10
Button: $12.05
SB: $4.30
BB: $8.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> Typical raise, but UTG. I haven't done much UTG raising, but still I get two callers. </font>

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.25, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.25</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> The flop is not very drawy, but I still bet full pot to hopefully just get 1 caller so I'm not too worried in the case that an overcard hits the turn. </font>

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, CO calls.

<font color="blue"> Essentially a blank, so I bet enough to leave villain w/ about 2/3 PSB on the end (the fact that it's the 2/3 Pot prescribed by the FTS line is coincidence... I'm sizing my bet to win his stack). </font>

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $5.4</font>, CO calls.

<font color="blue"> The Ace hits, and I'm a bit worried because AJ is certainly in his range here, but I go ahead and shove since I think I can still get called by a Jack (since my line hasn't really been consistent with AK or A5 or any other Ace except AJ for that matter, and villain doesn't seem the type to call such big flop/turn bets with Ace high). </font>

Results:
Final pot: $19.55

The main purpose of this post is to ask is to see if even though I set up the entire hand to push and get called on the end, do I follow through after the river Ace or do I should I change lines to a c/c? It seems that this line loses out on some value since a lot of Jacks will just check behind. All thoughts are appreciated.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: 10NL - QQ Line Check

Is this a no reply becuase it's standard?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 AM

it certinally looks like he has QJ KJ or AJ I he is checking behind pretty much every thing that you beat on the river here but imo agiant a nitty player like this im not looking to value town them to death. I mean he is prob folding QJ and KJ to a push on the river so I just check and maybe even fold if he pushes given his .5 agro factor. I like your line more agianst standard 10NL calling station.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:20 AM

Play looks good to me, but I can't imagine him calling you on the river unless you're beat. Also I could potentially see him calling you down with a flopped set.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Fine. Check calling the river would be terrible, in fact check folding would be better than check calling.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM

to those saying fine pleae tell me a hand that a 10/7/0.5 is calling a river push with here?

I mean I dont hate it given villlans range but a nitty guy is looking for a reason to fold even if it doesnt make alot of sense for you to have a ace here.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 AM

I think you are good here on the river at least 75% of the time. Assuming we are never check calling and villain checks behind with all hands we beat, villain only needs to call this river shove with worse about 60% of the time. I'm pretty sure after calling the flop and turn, villain will talk himself into a river call more than 60% with hands like KJ, QJ, etc.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:57 AM

I agree that we should have the best hand 3/4 of the time here but as far a villan calling with worse 60% meh. its really close IMO and pushing isnt a terrible play here as you said c/c is by far the worst option here guess @ 10NL im just looking for better spots to try to get value from than this not sure if thats a leak or not.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:57 AM

I don't know if I'm being nitty myself, but against this guy c/f&gt;shove&gt;c/c. He's not calling without an ace. If he bets, you're beat pretty often.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 PM

AJ is such a big part of his range here I prefer a c/f. I like this against an unknown.