Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Learning to 2 table HUSNGs

If there was a secret to it I guess nobody would ever tell. Youre right Indy, if you were to effectively learn that MAD moniez would be waiting for you.

Not even funny.

I would suggest dropping down quite a few levels (where monetary gains or losses dont matter much to you) and play those two or three at once. You leave those alone for a week or two and then you look through them in PT from hand 1 to hand X. If you then see a play that you dont like according to what youve seen (in PT, focusing on only that table) you make a note.
After a couple of analyzed matches you may find patterns of what you dont see when youre at the tables. Then you try to focus on these things as well.

*repeat button*
Old 09-26-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move down and play three at the same time until you can beat the people at the 33s. Then move up again and play two.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya guys i think i may do this in a couple of weeks....i just know that I could do it and the $$$ would be through the roof.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM

I used to only 1 table. Now I can 2 table fine. The trick is not to feel rushed. Write it on a sticky note and put it on your monitor... there is no rush. When you start to act quickly you neglect to analyze the situations properly. Take time to make notes on your opponents after the hands. Let the timer tick down. Its OK.

GL
Old 09-27-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see much benefit in multi-tabling and I don't believe it would be fun anymore . The <u>edge</u> I get from playing heads up is about analyzing how my opponent plays and making the adjustments towards him . Multi-tabling doesn't allow me to do that and I would quickly lose <u> my edge</u> from it .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-27-2007, 06:18 AM

btw: anybody else thinking about a software here?

Something that displays effective stacks in BBs and the appropriate (standard) raising amount pf.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Something that displays effective stacks in BBs and the appropriate (standard) raising amount pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

please to be making it.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 AM

One thing to consider when comparing the profitability of multi-tabling vs. single-tabling is that when you single-table you can usually play a level or more higher even if you are great at multi-tabling.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing to consider when comparing the profitability of multi-tabling vs. single-tabling is that when you single-table you can usually play a level or more higher even if you are great at multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that be? If there are people who say their ROI drops by merely 1% when multi-tabling moving down shouldnt be necessary.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please to be making it.

[/ QUOTE ]

my setup w/ my software:

on every table that's open.

balla.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Is that something you wrote on your own? Is it something that interfaces with poker-tracker's DB? Or do you do your own active scanning?

If you're doing your own scanning, I'd be *very* interested in hearing how you're doing it. I'm thinking about putting some money over on stars, but I would want to make my very handy 2.5/3/4x blind raise, 1/2 pot, and 2/3 pot buttons work. I'd hate to have to go back to typing bet amounts in again.

But I couldn't make them work without having some idea of how to get data out of the pokerstars interface. Full Tilt is easy, because it just uses standard windows controls for most things, but stars definitely does not.