Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who here has actually had AA beat all-in preflop?
Once 6 5.71%
I fucked your sister 43 40.95%
And your mom, too 56 53.33%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: September\'s Bells and Schools Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it that time of the month?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know katy was a werewolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Son,
They are all werewolves.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:10 PM

I've discovered how delicious Indian food is. Do you think it's fattening? I want to eat tons and tons of it. When I'm at the buffet I want to go back for seconds but I feel a little funny about that. Do other countries have buffets or is it just an American thing? Does anyone else want to help themselves to seconds at an Indian buffet?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:25 PM

Indian food is very healthy for you. These places are all over LA, but they don't have any buffets here.

Got my x-ray results, everything is perfectly normal. The foot is better, but I guess it is going to take a while before it is totally normal.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:56 AM

I'm at work on a Sunday morning. Who's feeling sorry for me? Anyone? I'm such a responsible individual. And lest you think I'm not actually working because I'm typing up this post, you are semi-wrong. I am indeed working to put together a report.

Oliver Twist - Changing topics, last night I was bored with the forums so I watched Oliver Twist directed by Polanski. It was not very good. I thought Polanski was supposed to be good. The best thing about it was Ben Kingsly. Otherwise, the performances and cinematography were wholly unimpressive. The casting was uninspired. I would have filmed it differently, much better. It could have been awesome.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:20 PM

No sympathy from me. My plan today was to go to church and from there go into lab. However, I ended up sleeping till almost 1 am thanks to hitting the wrong button on my alarm and being up until 4am last night thanks to, you guessed it, being in lab late. I'm going to surpass a 70 hr week by the time I turn in tonight, and since Monday, I've been in lab until 2am or later 4 times. Next week? I'm pretty much going to be keeping the same hours. This is brutal.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:43 PM

70 hours?!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That is brutal! I feel so sorry for you.

What do you do late at night in the lab and how do you stay awake? Can you surf the internet?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:39 PM

It's a computational lab, so I'm doing nothing but working at a computer. I do sometimes come up for air and check a few token things on the internet and this forum. Staring at/writing FORTRAN code nonstop can slowly drive a man insane, so the occasional, brief break is invaluable. Currently in the lab fridge I have 3 cans of Red Bull and one can of Coke. I have a half empty 20 oz cup of coffee next to me. To paraphrase the old saying, I am a machine that turns caffeine into FORTRAN code.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:39 PM

FORTRAN? WTF?

How old is that puter?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:32 PM

My workstation is less than 3 months old, and code is intended to run on any and all of the world's most modern supercomputers. However, the first version of this code I'm working on was written back in the 80s, and rather than completely rewrite something that already works well in C++ or something, the FORTRAN code has been updated and revised since then.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 PM

Fortran huh. Do you like programming? Also, are you alone in the lab and isn't it creepy at that time of night?
Closed Thread