Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Style and stats for 0.02/0.04?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just play 16-18/8-10/2-3 ABC poker and learn to value bet...when I played 2c/4c it worked for me to the tune of 9BB/100 in stars rakefree games. not a brag....just saying that you should be able to crush these games to the tune of AT LEAST 4BB/100 with straightforward poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my comments....basically the players there still spew like total spewmonkeys and even though the games are now raked at 2c/4c which will suck some BBs from your winrate(They didnt used to be at stars). I just dont want you to be happy with 1.5BB/100...aim higher.

also as someone else said...if possible mvoe up to 5c/10c or 0.1/0.2...they players tehre are still terrible and it will be better for your game and your bankroll. gogogo
Old 11-11-2007, 01:33 AM

I played that level for a few months when I first started. It's a relatively painless place to learn your way around the preflop starting hands, and to work on hand reading. I still play at that level once in awhile if I'm really tired, or drunk or something and don't want to spew off my hard won bankroll.

It really is a nut peddling level. Stick to your top hands. Pick a few total idiots that you see a lot and try to sit on their left. There are a lot of players who are just there to kill time and blast off a few chips. You might as well be the one who takes them.

If you are at Stars and your roll is over $30, I highly recommend playing the .05-.1 tables instead. My play and winrate both improved significantly there, though it came after I climbed my original $17 bankroll out of the nanos.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 AM

Your VPIP looks on the high side.
Your Turn and River aggression look high.
Your WTSD looks low.

basically before you go screaming variance, you might want to look at your game a little harder. I think you will probably find some spewing going on.

Sometimes betting/raising isnt the best play. People get stupid in the micros. Sometimes you just have to call down.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:37 AM

you can win easily playing 45 vpip at the bottom level with good table selection, its not optimal but its pretty easy to win.

The more hands you learn to play at these levels the better you will be prepared for when the stakes matter.

You definitely look like you are folding a bit too much.

If your vpip goes up you have to tone down the aggro a bit but trust me people spew at you like crazy so its fixable.

The key thing when playing at this level is to play with a purpose.

I always tested out specific skills when I played at the nanos.

I worked on blind defense, or stealing, or iso raising.

I also worked on understanding tilt mechanics and value 3 betting.

The results are totally erroneous, if you play with the motivation of learning rather than earning it will be a beneficial experience.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 AM

var is bigger, but so is ev.

var isn't really that important, var/ev is, so generally speaking the increase in var in the nanos is not as great as the increase in ev, as a %.

also, when you get into the higher limits, var increases while ev goes down, and you get some totally sick results... just completely utterly sick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]