Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: *October TLB 2 Player Teams Contest* Interest Thread

I would love to do this, but I'm not part of the clique here so to speak and haven't played online for long enough to establish a track record (ex live pro) so I imagine it will be tough to find a partner...
Old 09-11-2007, 09:48 AM

You can lock Assani Fisher and me into this at both levels, the $1k and $200.

Is anyone open to just judging the teams top 50 cashes instead of each persons top 25?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:58 AM

Im interested in the $200, not willing to punt a grand on this tbh.

Also partnerless because no one likes me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Im glad FTP is allowed, because my results are like 10X as good on there as stars.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:00 AM

Put me down for a maybe, I may play if I get someone good to play with.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Put me down for a maybe, I may play if I decide to put myself through the torture that I promised myself I would never due again after the last 2 times I did something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 AM

There's interest here. I'd prefer to play in something that doesn't demand insane volume, like say top 5 scores per player per week. Would also prefer a larger team, like 3-5 players - for more rooting interest and camaraderie.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:02 AM

Hey chesskid, do you go to school in dayton? im @ UD, just curious. off topic, sorry
Old 09-11-2007, 11:17 AM

id be in if i wasnt spending october in vegas
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I would be down for this although being someone with a job it is going to be very hard for us working folks to compete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say that challenges like these aren't exactly intended for casual players. He's looking at hosting a competition that entails each team playing hundreds of tournaments within a one month time frame in order to get him playing on a regular schedule again. Obviously, anyone with a job would have a hard time with that kind of schedule, which leads me to think it's geared more towards grinders, pros and degens.

[/ QUOTE ]Whatever. If a guy wants to put up the money, he can play. AMIRITE?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you couldn't put up the money and play. I was merely pointing out that competitions like these are designed with the intent of people playing a ton of tournaments and those with jobs would have a hard time competing against people who play as a primary source of income. It seems that every time one of these competitions comes up someone points out that the schedule is bad for casual players. I'm just pointing out that the design of this particular competition heavily favors those who don't have jobs and isn't 'geared' for casual players because the players who can put in a ton of volume have the inherent advantage.

By all means, if the competition interests you step up and play in it. The last few that were run were a lot of fun and they are great at building camaraderie amongst the players who participate.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I would be down for this although being someone with a job it is going to be very hard for us working folks to compete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say that challenges like these aren't exactly intended for casual players. He's looking at hosting a competition that entails each team playing hundreds of tournaments within a one month time frame in order to get him playing on a regular schedule again. Obviously, anyone with a job would have a hard time with that kind of schedule, which leads me to think it's geared more towards grinders, pros and degens.

[/ QUOTE ]Whatever. If a guy wants to put up the money, he can play. AMIRITE?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you couldn't put up the money and play. I was merely pointing out that competitions like these are designed with the intent of people playing a ton of tournaments and those with jobs would have a hard time competing against people who play as a primary source of income. It seems that every time one of these competitions comes up someone points out that the schedule is bad for casual players. I'm just pointing out that the design of this particular competition heavily favors those who don't have jobs and isn't 'geared' for casual players because the players who can put in a ton of volume have the inherent advantage.

By all means, if the competition interests you step up and play in it. The last few that were run were a lot of fun and they are great at building camaraderie amongst the players who participate.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have participated in one of these on this forum in the past. I know what it takes.