Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Why Alex Jacobs is a smart man

[ QUOTE ]
I say "I bet all my chips". I can't wait for it to catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it was cool when Chau Giang said, "Bet everything," when he went all-in during his PLO win a couple years ago.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna start using that. I like.

Alternatively sometimes I say it in French, which is "tapis" (silent "s") while make a pushing motion with my hands.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Pretty much every mtt player that has a ton of success in any short period of time knows that they are just running well. I remember talking to JC Tran a while back when we chopped some $3000 tournament and he said something to the effect of in mtts, you have just ok years for a long time then every once in a while, will have a monster year. Pretty much anyone that does super well knows they are running hot, unless they are totally ignorant to how the game works. As for Shannon "bashing" other live pros on his blog, I see no problem saying that someone is bad if they actually are. I can think of a ton of old school live pros that I would rather have at my table than a random internet kid that I know nothing about. It is his blog. Ive roomed with Shannon over the past 2 years for quite a few of the mtt stops and he is one of the most humble people out there. He simple doesnt mind speaking his mind in his blog.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:25 PM

In my defense, I have never bashed Humberto Brenes's poker game because I do think he is a fantastic tournament player. I have been very outspoken about how important I think etiquette is in poker, and as most of you know Humberto is about the biggest [censored] in the game when it comes to slowrolls and the like.

Also, I can guarantee you, Donkstrike, that Paul Testud and Rene Angelil are overall losers in tournament poker. To say that they "do fairly well" in tournaments makes you look silly. These are the only players I can recall calling "bad" by name in the 18 months I've been blogging. I think it is unfair to single me out as the only tournament player calling players "bad" in his blog. Check out Peter Feldman, Thomas Fuller, Daniel Negreanu, Johnny Lodden, ZeeJustin, or even Paul Wasicka's blog. You will find I'm not the only guy throwing that term around loosely.

SS
Old 07-13-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't blame Shannon Shorr for bashing Brenes. I mean he seems like a nice guy and all but his antics at the table are excruciatingly annoying, I can't even watch him on TV anymore without being angered- I can't possibly imagine actually playing at a table with him.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Without detracting from the photoshop work in this thread, I submit that "isro" is a far better word than "jew-fro".
Old 07-13-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"I go all in."

who says that???

[/ QUOTE ]

allen cunningham
Old 07-13-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my defense, I have never bashed Humberto Brenes's poker game because I do think he is a fantastic tournament player. I have been very outspoken about how important I think etiquette is in poker, and as most of you know Humberto is about the biggest [censored] in the game when it comes to slowrolls and the like.

Also, I can guarantee you, Donkstrike, that Paul Testud and Rene Angelil are overall losers in tournament poker. To say that they "do fairly well" in tournaments makes you look silly. These are the only players I can recall calling "bad" by name in the 18 months I've been blogging. I think it is unfair to single me out as the only tournament player calling players "bad" in his blog. Check out Peter Feldman, Thomas Fuller, Daniel Negreanu, Johnny Lodden, ZeeJustin, or even Paul Wasicka's blog. You will find I'm not the only guy throwing that term around loosely.

SS

[/ QUOTE ]

You were doing oooookay until that. Now you sound like a douche.

[ QUOTE ]
Whether it's Mark Newhouse getting "fleeced" by his "friends" or Shannon Shorr blogging about how terrible players x,y and z are, yet they are exceeding his own results, it's the same story over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2007, 06:27 PM

A. Alex Jacob is pretty damn cool.

B. OP, you can't prop up Alex Jacob for his honesty then insult Shorr for his. There are lots of guys with heaps of tournament results who are awful at this game, there is nothing wrong with saying so as long as you don't run around screaming it at the top of your lungs. I've known Shannon since before he blew up in poker, and since then and even afterwards he's been a class act in person. Plus, he's right.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it was cool when Chau Giang said, "Bet everything," when he went all-in during his PLO win a couple years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

"all you can eat" FTW

Also Jacob's best line was "you did see I'm raising under the gun, right?"