Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Stud Hi - Poker Tracker Questions

I'm new to stud, and I'm looking for some information on what would be considered "normal" PT stats. I play primarily on Full Tilt, which has a higher ante structure than Stars (as I'm sure you all know) - and I'm assuming the significant change in structure dictates a looser style of play on FTP.

Anyways, I've only logged a few thousand hands, and so far my stats look like:

VPIP: 26
BB/100: 1.95
W$WS4: 36
W$WS5: 44
W$WS6: 53
W$WS7: 55
WTSD: 25
3rdRaise: 9

My aggression on each street is between 1.5 and 2.5, EXCEPT on 3rd where my agg factor is slightly less than 1. I suspect this is because I find with the bring in on FTP being only 1/4 SB (as opposed to 1/2 SB on Stars) I have better luck slowplaying more often on 3rd as to not drive people out, and I keep the pot smaller earlier so that it isn't immediately so bloated that no one can fold.

I play tons of NLHE, so I'm quite familiar with PT and what not - I just have no clue what stats are considered optimal for these games.

(I play 1/2 and 2/4 pretty much btw).

Help!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Stud Hi - Poker Tracker Questions

I'm sure Andy and the other high(er) stakes players will disagree with me. Nevertheless I play the same stakes as you do (0.50-10, mostly 1/2 and 2/4).

Everything looks ok, except for the BB/100. You need more hands, maybe -or more aggression? My BB/100 is between 3 and 4 -depending on the sites, my VSPIP is slightly higher than yours: above 30. I think your won at showdown is good: it should always be above 50.

Keep playing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Use the search and you will find more stats posted here previously.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:58 AM

I tried searching but struck out. Can anyone link me to a relevant discussion on the matter?

If some vets could post their stats, or even just say "a generic TAG runs at 22% VPIP" or something along those lines, it would help me out a bunch. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Don't know why you'd think I'd disagree with you. I've never used such software, so I really don't have strong opinions about this number or that, although I'm pretty sure that VPIP over 30% is too high. I'd think that 2 BB/100 would be pretty encouraging.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If some vets could post their stats, or even just say "a generic TAG runs at 22% VPIP" or something along those lines, it would help me out a bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just naming percentages like this would not be of much value without knowing the ante structure of those games.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Red Diamond -

Well like I said I play primarily on FTP, and I think their ante structure dictates a looser style of play. Here's the details if folks don't play there:

1/2 - Ante .20, BR .25 (on Stars the 1/2 game is .10 ante, 0.50 BI).
Old 10-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Nina -

Thanks for the links. I actually did find those posts, but I didn't see too much solid consensus there on anything...
Old 10-13-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If some vets could post their stats, or even just say "a generic TAG runs at 22% VPIP" or something along those lines, it would help me out a bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just naming percentages like this would not be of much value without knowing the ante structure of those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it will! That's what you need when you're green. I'm not a pro and I don't play high stakes, but I have noticed big differences at the sites (and the stakes). I stated before that my VPIP is above 30: at some sites it's closer to 20 than to 30. I adjust my play according to the table, but I never call ALL hands as some players do (usually at limits under a buck). Playing 4/8 or 5/10 I fold to a 4flush or 4str8: I don't always do it at 1/2 or 2/4. And it depends if you know the bettor... etc...

So OP, here it goes: a generic TAG runs at much less than 30% VPIP or something along those lines [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 01:16 PM

"Anyways, I've only logged a few thousand hands" thus making your stats trash. Sorry Fish

"Can anyone link me to a relevant discussion on the matter?"

A really good discussion has never taken place, and never will. Its just to valuable. You have to pay the price, just like everyone else.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:07 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12134186

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11890082