Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games Study Group - Day One

Lesson One: Opening a Pot for a Raise (Pages 10-33)

This is a pretty basic introduction into preflop play. This should be somewhat intuitive from previous books (SSHE) that the farther from the button we are the tighter we should play.
Also a brief discussion takes place about suited connectors and when to play them.

The hand chart on page 12 is interesting and I plan to spend more time reading over it. It looks like from a simple read that I need to adjust my range. I seem to be raising QJo a bit more than he recommends though I may be a bit tighter with the lower suited connectors.

We are introduced to three players: high, mid, grd. The rest of this chapter is a look at their play from a 6 handed standpoint. I would love to see some analysis of these players hands to point out anything particularly interesting. I need to tighten myself up to meet somewhat similar ranges.

Right off the top, my W$atSD is way to low which leads me to think I am calling down to light particularly with ace high.

Feel free to add more in.