Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

lol @ bluffing billionares
Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM

awesome episode!

benyamine is da'man! loved his 2/7 against gold. but he REALLY needs to get in on the matusow weightloss bet.

esfandiari's act has gotten old very fast....whats the over/under on how many times he says 'gross', 'sick', 'i love poker', 'i love this country'.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what the hell are u talkign about? there was no allin bet. jamie checkraised to 125K and there was several hundred Ks to be played for on the river.

and yes i dont think he raises to 125K if doyle bets 15K, if he raises 5x then 75K obv a nd it keeps the pot a little smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad on the all in. don't know where that came from.

i think he puts 100 on top no matter what because the purpose of gold's 100k raise was to shurt doyle down. he did not want doyle to call.. or at the least, he put doyle on An Ace with a bigger flush draw than he was holding. i believe differently than you.. once doyle bet... jamie was putting a big raise on there to protect his smallish flush.

as you all show so clearly... a better player would have never believed that his 9 high flush was good. and would have probably folded his flush to doyles 25k bet.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 PM

Old 11-06-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome episode!

benyamine is da'man! loved his 2/7 against gold. but he REALLY needs to get in on the matusow weightloss bet.

esfandiari's act has gotten old very fast....whats the over/under on how many times he says 'gross', 'sick', 'i love poker', 'i love this country'.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't forget 'weeeeeeeeeeeee.....'

*puke*
Old 11-06-2007, 02:44 PM

About the Doyle vs. Jamie hand :

I think vs. a tough opponent Doyle's fold was correct, but against Jamie it was wrong. The reason is that Jamie seems to play the river absolutely horribly. He never value bets thin and he often bluffs tiny. Against a good player Doyle would have to call the turn and then face another big river bet, which would be a very evil decision. Like for example if it was Antonius who raised the turn I would crap my pants.

Against Jaime, you can just fold the river to a huge bet, and perhaps call a tiny one. Hell if he checks the river you can probably value bet him because he has a lower flush there a lot.

It's definitely a very thin spot, but the fact that you have an edge on Jamie on the river makes it pretty ++EV to call IMHO.

Doyle may have also been just taking it easy to make sure he didn't lose a big pot and tilt himself.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think vs. a tough opponent Doyle's fold was correct, but against Jamie it was wrong. The reason is that Jamie seems to play the river absolutely horribly. He never value bets thin and he often bluffs tiny. Against a good player Doyle would have to call the turn and then face another big river bet, which would be a very evil decision. Like for example if it was Antonius who raised the turn I would crap my pants.

Against Jaime, you can just fold the river to a huge bet, and perhaps call a tiny one. Hell if he checks the river you can probably value bet him because he has a lower flush there a lot.

It's definitely a very thin spot, but the fact that you have an edge on Jamie on the river makes it pretty ++EV to call IMHO.

Doyle may have also been just taking it easy to make sure he didn't lose a big pot and tilt himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we expect Jamie to make a flopbet with a 2nd nut or nut fd on the flop in lp?

I don't see how Doyle can't just lose 250 to 275K in that hand. Seems a reasonable price for his hand + the action. And like cbloom mentioned, Gold isn't one to make big river bets. Esp if Doyle makes a quick turn call that would be a tell of huuuge strength.

We do have to counter in Jamie's humongous tells though. His speech === I HAS IT LOL.

But whatever it is, Jamie's flop and turnplay are extremely horrible. His fundamentals are so shoddy, I doubt he can beat ssnl online for a decent rate.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM

i enjoyed the episode and look forward to even more exciting hands later on...

hollywade, it's one thing if u don't agree with the decision, but ur reasoning behind it is terrible and u don't seem to have a good grasp of basic poker fundamentals
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is that JG thinks he has the best hand so as you said he won't value bet, he'll prolly shove and Doyle can't call a 250-300K bet on the river with that hand so he would be wasting 75K (if another spade comes JG will bluff and then there's no way Doyle is calling)
Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what the hell are u talkign about? there was no allin bet. jamie checkraised to 125K and there was several hundred Ks to be played for on the river.

and yes i dont think he raises to 125K if doyle bets 15K, if he raises 5x then 75K obv a nd it keeps the pot a little smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad on the all in. don't know where that came from.

i think he puts 100 on top no matter what because the purpose of gold's 100k raise was to shurt doyle down. he did not want doyle to call.. or at the least, he put doyle on An Ace with a bigger flush draw than he was holding. i believe differently than you.. once doyle bet... jamie was putting a big raise on there to protect his smallish flush.

as you all show so clearly... a better player would have never believed that his 9 high flush was good. and would have probably folded his flush to doyles 25k bet.

[/ QUOTE ]