Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Concept Question: Is Betting or C/C here better?

Villain is unknown, I run at 20/17 in case he has stats on me.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($38)
CO ($49.35)
Button ($66.20)
SB ($14.35)
Hero ($52.50)
UTG ($37)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, CO calls $3.25.

Turn: ($11.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I feel my hand plays best when I c/c, as I don't think I get much action from hands that I beat. The problem is, AT/AJ are the only hands I would c/c with here. He doesn't know that, but I still don't want to get in the habit of playing transparently if/when I get to higher stakes.

Is narrowing my range to only two hands a problem if I'm aware what I'm doing to my range? In other words even if he knows I can only have AJ/AT here, I know he knows that?

I know this doesn't matter at NL$50, but still something I'd like to figure out.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Concept Question: Is Betting or C/C here better?

a check/call here is definitely better against an unknown villain on such a dry board. keeping the pot controlled is in your best interest, especially out of position.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:56 AM

Definitely bet. You have this guy's range crushed and people that limp call with Ax don't fold after they hit an ace.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:59 AM

I'd bet but if I got raised on the turn/river, I'd fold it since there are many A-rags that have 2pair on that board and are in his range. Many times they will minraise their A6/A3 on the turn.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 AM

I can understand your point about becoming too obvious, but this isnīt a spot to worry about this. It really isnīt. Not because like duh it is uNL, but because I donīt think they can adjust very well, the timid ones will check behind, and the bluff happy will spew like their nature. They just donīt play well enough and do different stuff with anything close to correct frequencies. If you are worried about picking up bad habits, think of it as a play you do at a certain frequency that happens to be 100%, based on player tendencies. Not uhu I have AJ I might be beat. That helps.

Edit: Yeah, I would probably bet this flop. But I might check other stuff like QQ etc.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:12 AM

Sorry, the question is about the c/c turn.

I would bet this flop with any two.