Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: BBV Anonymous Confessions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This would probably be funnier in the alternate universe where the old lady sprouts tentacles and comes after the OP

[ QUOTE ]
When I was about 17, a buddy and I where driving home in my car. We came to an intersection that had a stop sign and a 1 way street that you could only turn left. The street was usually busy, with three lanes of traffic. This intersection was at the top of a hill so you had to watch carfully before making your left as cars could suddenly appear of the crest of the hill with out warning.
Anyways we pulled up to this interesection behind a gray haired lady driving a land yaught, to my suprise she was over at the right with her right hand turning light on. I looked at her eyes in her review mirror and saw she was looking back my way.
I decided I wanted to see her pull into on coming traffic for my entertainment, so thanks to some quick thinking, I pulled to the right behind her and put my right turn signal on too.
I then clicked it off as she started making her turn, heading the wrong way down the busy one way street.
Just as her nose was half way across the first lane a car came speeding over the hill, my buddy and I both had that reflex that makes you lift your knees towards your stomach when your about to see something horrifing. The car locked up its breaks and she lifted her hands in horror as it came to a screeching halt a few inches from her driver side door. More traffic came over the hill and stopped, horns where honking. I quietly made my left turn and laughed the entire way home.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a logical problem with this story. If she was turning right -- onto a one-way street where traffic was only going left, then traffic was coming from the right-hand side -- which, in the United States, is the passenger-side door. Not the driver's side, as indicated in the confession. There's no way the other car could have come to a "screeching halt a few inches from her driver side door" unless he was going the wrong way too.

[/ QUOTE ]

BBV should start writing Encyclopedia Brown stories.