Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Email security/monitoring. Syria-Israel

I'm in Syria. Out of necessity I've sent some emails to Israel. I'm pretty sure the Syrians on some level screen emails. Once when I was here they disbled access to hotmail alledgedly because hotmail had found a way to block them from poaching emails. Anyhoo, how specifically do you all reckon this works? Do they just filter for key words? Do they filter for specific email addresses? I know some companies do this kind of thing. Anyone here have any experiance with how emails are monitored?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Email security/monitoring. Syria-Israel

GET OUT NOW! NO TIME TO EXPLAIN
Old 09-23-2007, 01:17 PM

"Ask Me About Being a Mossad Operative" thread please.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Ask Me About Being a Mossad Operative" thread please.

[/ QUOTE ]

or "Ask me what it's like to be better than 99% of all secret agents"
Old 09-23-2007, 02:03 PM

I would not want to be in that area right now. The whole Israeli strike raid and nuclear material thing is going to blowup, pun intended, soon.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:22 PM

that avatar is [censored] hilarious. what a savage collision.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not want to be in that area right now. The whole Israeli strike raid and nuclear material thing is going to blowup, pun intended, soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to avoid dicey political situations in this neck of the woods is an exercise in futility. This situation is pretty sketchy, and I've been monitoring it pretty closely, but I was here last summer as well, and was alot more concerned then about the possibilty of the Leb. war spilling over then I with the current situation. Plus I have contingeny plans up the wazoo. I've got a guy who for $200 will take me to any of the 3 borders (accept Iraq) if things get hot.

Nobody knows anything about email screening/finding loopholes? I know some of you internet warriors are savvy with this type of thing.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:36 PM

use www.relakks.com
Old 09-23-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to avoid dicey political situations in this neck of the woods is an exercise in futility. This situation is pretty sketchy, and I've been monitoring it pretty closely, but I was here last summer as well, and was alot more concerned then about the possibilty of the Leb. war spilling over then I with the current situation. Plus I have contingeny plans up the wazoo. I've got a guy who for $200 will take me to any of the 3 borders (accept Iraq) if things get hot.

Nobody knows anything about email screening/finding loopholes? I know some of you internet warriors are savvy with this type of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question: Do you expect that guy to actually be around? If he is, how many zeros will he be adding to that price when the time comes?
Old 09-23-2007, 03:46 PM

yes. None.

The going rate for a taxi from Beirut to Damascus last year during the war was about $500. Lebanon's a more expensive country then Syria, and it's very hard to imagine a situation more sketchy then that one where major roads and border crossings were being targeted. Also all this guy has to do is drive me to a border, not cross. The Jordanian one is about 100 km away, and Leb is like 40km away. I found this guy through a friend last summer when I was actually somewhat worried. I'm pretty sure he'll be around. If not I'm sure I can find someone for a lesser price. I would go with this guy becasue I trust him more then a random. In all honesty I'd say if [censored] went down ther'd be an 85% chance he'd "be around" and there's almost no way he'd charge more.