Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Brag: 100k Newhizzle Stake That Everyone Says Will Go Bad, Going G

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
update?

[/ QUOTE ]

i won 200k, spent most of my half, andy for various reasons was no longer able to bankroll me, that was as of like two months or so ago, been struggling to get in action since then

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a good idea would be to write a book about your life in poker. I think it would sell like hotcakes. I know I would buy several copies.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
update?

[/ QUOTE ]

i won 200k, spent most of my half, andy for various reasons was no longer able to bankroll me, that was as of like two months or so ago, been struggling to get in action since then

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

edited to add: did you "spend it" or did you "lose it"?

I don't think I could spend $100K in 3 months if I tried (well, I technically could, but after about $20K I'd feel so guilty/sick to my stomach that I'd have to stop)
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
update?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like some pretty bad bankroll/money management...

I don't understand why you don't just kill 100/200 with the stake for 50k a month and grind up a bankroll. Just because you can beat a 500/1000 game doesn't mean you should be in a 500/1000 game. As I said who cares about talent if your bankroll in a mega-high variance game is 50bb? I guess that is the difference between someone like schneids and someone like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same, why not just put an ego in the safe deposit box, grind the limits that you can beat, make big money with less stress and variance and rebuild your roll.
P.S I am sure will rebuild your roll and will feel like you are on top of the world again (I bet that what you feel like when you win a huge tourney or kill a high stakes game for big money) You seem like a very good guy and a great player.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
update?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

edited to add: did you "spend it" or did you "lose it"?

I don't think I could spend $100K in 3 months if I tried (well, I technically could, but after about $20K I'd feel so guilty/sick to my stomach that I'd have to stop)

[/ QUOTE ]

i bought joe cassidy's m5, went to hawaii, and paid off some credit card debts, lost the last 15k or so

let me provide a little reasoning behind this:

in my whole poker career, the most expenisve thing that i have bought is a 5k laptop and that was before i won the tournament, ive spent money frivolously on non-material things, but basically, i had absolutely nothing to show for all the money that i had won, had been living in hotels and driving rental cars for a while, basically throwing money away, and i decided it was time to change that, also so that in the future, should i go broke, i have something, i also assumed that i would continue to be in action playing for andy, but unfortunately things didnt work out that way
Old 10-20-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
update?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like some pretty bad bankroll/money management...what else is new, though.

I don't understand why you don't just kill 100/200 with the stake for 50k a month and grind up a bankroll. Just because you can beat a 500/1000 game doesn't mean you should be in a 500/1000 game. As I said who cares about talent if your bankroll in a mega-high variance game is 50bb? I guess that is the difference between someone like schneids and someone like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are asking me why i didnt play 100/200 under the stake, i really dont think there is any reason that i should have been while andy was fully comfortable putting me in bigger games and i was winning in them

apart from the stake, im an animal, ive made countless bankroll management mistakes in the past, its part of the reason im in the situation i am in now, and you are right, for the moment i am better off playing lower and rebuiling, although its not always the easiest thing to do, and its definately a grind
Old 10-20-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
update?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a good idea would be to write a book about your life in poker. I think it would sell like hotcakes. I know I would buy several copies.

[/ QUOTE ]

gary wise suggested something similar, only thing is that would take some motivation which just dont think i have at the moment anyway
Old 10-20-2007, 06:03 PM

I so dont understand you newhizzle.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Default manlove

I so understand you newhizzle.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where did andy go?
why wont he stake you?

[/ QUOTE ]