Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
Latest from gambling911.com:

http://www.gambling911.com/Absolute-Poker-102007.html

Interesting tidbits:

[ QUOTE ]

An employee responsible for sending out the so-called "smoking gun" spread sheet with confidential client information (as well as the server info of the suspect players leading to Absolute's own server) did so out of "laziness".

"Instead of looking up specific information that had been requested, he could not find this information and simply shot the whole spread sheet to a customer," we were told by an executive at Absolute.

That employee was terminated and Absolute Poker is working to ensure that such an instance never happens again.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Absolute is asserting that the spreadsheet releaser was not the same as the "geek".

[ QUOTE ]

Information launched to the customer could potentially have been changed, according to management, though this is something that cannot be ascertained at this juncture in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're leaving the door open to asserting that the spreadsheet was tampered with, although I think they realize that that is a very tough sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the lazy employee maybe took the time to tamper with the spreadsheet...

That makes a lot of sense

They reduced their guarantees? Feeling the pain.

Here is Jenny Woo carefully analyzing Absolute's Costa Rica offices. Jenny Woo works for Gambling911. Absolute is a major sponsor of Gambling 911. Looks like some seriously unbiased investigative journalism going on here:

Photoshop plz.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:39 AM

Another fine article by Gambling911

Online Gambling: Hacking by Costa Rican Employees Not Uncommon

LOL.

"They are like little monkeys trying to prove how good they are with computers," a BetonSports executive told us at the time.

DAMN YOU LITTLE COSTA RICAN MONKEYS!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AP’s behavior is consistent with a company that has engaged in some fairly serious misconduct. At first, they vigorously denied that any wrongdoing occurred. Then, when the evidence showed otherwise, they attempted to minimize their guilt by tailoring their story to the disclosed facts. They remind me of Pete Rose.

“I never bet on sports.”

Evidence to the contrary.

“Okay, I bet on sports, but not baseball.”

“Well, I bet on baseball, but not my team.”

“All right, you got me: I bet on my team, but only to win.”

My guess is that the folks at AP bet on their team as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%

Posted by ggbman:
[ QUOTE ]

1.) At this point, I feel it is unwise to scutinize the holes in any statement AP releases in these threads and then post them. It was neccesary for this to be a very public discussion to get the ball rolling, but at this point having the best minds pick apart the most obvious holes and especially the less obvious ones, will just help absolute address as many of these issues as possible with their public statements

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you're coming from, but I think this is an unreasonable expectation. People are innevitably going to comment and speculate in these threads, and there are some negatives to that--absolute might be able to better tailor their public response and there'll be more crap to wade through when we check for updates.

In a way, though, these threads are an expression of 2p2's communal disgust at AP's conduct, and the longer we remain outraged about this, the longer we keep the pressure on AP. Also, these threads see a lot of questions raised from many different points of view, which can only be a good thing for getting to the bottom of it all. There could be so much more to this story than what we currently know.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"They are like little monkeys trying to prove how good they are with computers," a BetonSports executive told us at the time, "It is so easy, even a Costa Rican can do it!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that quote needs a little more awkward racism
Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the lazi employee maybe took the time to tamper with the spreadsheet...

That makes a lot of sense

[/ QUOTE ]

nono, they're trying to blame CrazyMarco/Nat/myself for those IP address lines.

mind you, that fails to answer the question of how we got a random 12 digit number to resolve to an important executive's house when nobody had a clue who that person was a week ago, and/or how I've since got corroboration for that claim from another totally unrelated party (I'm sure Nat has too), but, you know, those crazy Internet hackers are like monkeys and it's so easy even we can do it.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:00 PM

ok so lets assume for the purposes of discussion that their story is true(i dont believe it, bet lets assume it is) isnt the fact that the "rogue programmer" told them about a flaw in their security and they completley ignored it pretty incriminating and disturbing itself?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:03 PM

btw the gambling911 article makes me want to hammer them on the likely whistleblower angle a lot more than if they'd just shut up
Old 10-20-2007, 12:03 PM

Feel free to ignore this Q if you think it might compromise your sources, Adanthar, but do we really have the trail of breadcrumbs leading right to a RESIDENTIAL HOUSE? i've seen sporadic mention of a residential cable modem...

And the residential house belongs to Scott Tom?
Closed Thread