Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

cliffs notes -> I lock this one gogogo
Old 10-17-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know how big it is sir... the point is that its easy to take your point of view when you have nothing on the line. Youre illustrating my point beautifully.

[/ QUOTE ]
All of us have something on the line - the future of our livelihoods. If you were too short sighted to get your money out, and continued patronizing a site that you knew was likely corrupt, for no other reason than good old fashioned greed, then I don't have a lot of sympathy. I'd have a lot more if you got stung unknowingly.

Also, how do you know that what Absolute may give back represents a fair accounting of what went down? Players could easily have been ripped off for more than $700K - we'll never know if we let Absolute walk away with a BS story. Just because you might get your money back doesn't mean that Druff's solution will be the fairest outcome for those that did lose money.

There is also zero evidence that Absolute will fold and not pay their players, especially given their ties to UB and contractual obligations. You're advocating accepting a cover up on the basis of nothing but speculation.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 PM

confirmed:"scott" and "phil" are not friends on myspace. This is def the wrong philip
Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we interrupt this thread to bring you the latest Digg count..

1734 and still steadily rising. It's number 5 in the top ten.

Major online poker room caught cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

top 10 of what?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow what a fish

[/ QUOTE ]

you would think access to a superuser account would be a useful educational tool, but i guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

then again the you'd think someone with access to a superuser account would use some discretion while playing, but I guess not

its really like ego took over, watch me own the [censored] out this guy with Thigh
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 PM

I've noticed people are saying that perhaps POTRIPPER was just "lucky" or had an "unorthodox" style of playing and that it simply was his night that night,and I know that these people aren't leveling, they're being serious.

The truth is, if ANYONE doubts that POTRIPPER can see the hole cards of other players in that tourney, watch the video. If that doesn't make it blatantly obvious...May god help you.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:38 PM

What do people know about Iovation?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:39 PM

+4 diggs by xmichael 7 hours ago
This guy is banned from nearly every "real" poker room in Costa Rica for trying to cheat, there is no doubt he would be cheating online!

Comment on digg
Old 10-17-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if they offer to pay back 700k everyone should be happy

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in any possible way. The untolerable event that has taken place is not the security breach with the superuser stealing, but the fact that AP shattered their integrity by lying about it, and it doesn't matter in the slightest whether "they will do it again" or not.
AP's knowingly denying that the events took place, and going as far as denying even the technical possibility of them happening, is akin to a financial institution going out of their way to cover up an insider trading scheme.

Anyone who cares the tiniest bit about the credibility of internet poker must do all they can to ensure AP faces the fullest possible consequences, regardless of whatever compensation the affected players might get.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with his 100% i was not affected by this financially as i never really played on absolute, but there are much bigger issues here than getting everyone paid back, absolute needs to be made example of so that we can be sure this does not happen again at another site, i think this can actually be very good for online poker in the long run if it is dealt with the right way

this could be a major step toward regulation in the US and if the culprits are adequately punished it will prevent cheating in the future, if absolute can get away with blatently lying to its customers and the guilty parties face no reprocussions for what they did, thats a major step in the wrong direction and it sends out a message that these companies can do whatever they want and suffer no consequences

if absolute was to come completely clean right now, i still could not trust them in the future because they are only coming clean because they had no other choice, they have already clearly lied and tried to cover the whole thing up, theres a strong chance that the company had something to do with the cheating in the first place, i think its absolutely necessary that they do go down in flames, there needs to be a message sent to the public as well as other cardrooms that this type of behavior will not be tolerated, we need to set a precedent here and hopefully trigger some kind of online poker reform or regulation that could make the public trust online poker more than it does today and move toward some positive legislation
Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we interrupt this thread to bring you the latest Digg count..

1734 and still steadily rising. It's number 5 in the top ten.

Major online poker room caught cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

top 10 of what?

[/ QUOTE ]

top ten in the news section for the day. That's listed on the far right side. They get bumped after 24 hours and go to the top ten in 24 hrs list, etc.
Closed Thread