Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 06:48 PM

Default PLO25 - Am I getting the Pot Odds to call Here?

I called the preflop raise because I had seen plenty of raises without pocket pairs. Often medicore hands from this player. Waiting to see what the flop brings. Question is did I have the odds to call here...

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $17.30
JanelleBB7 (BB): $52.05
UTG: $20.30
UTG+1: $23.90
MP1: $23.45
MP2: $15.30
CO: $10.25
BTN: $24.65

Preflop: JanelleBB7 is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.50</font>, JanelleBB7 calls $1.25, MP1 calls $1.25, MP2 calls $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

Flop: ($7.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.00</font>, JanelleBB7 calls $4.00, MP1 calls $4.00, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $8.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $4.00, JanelleBB7 calls $4.00, MP1 calls $4.00

Turn: ($39.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $7.80</font>, JanelleBB7 calls $7.80, <font color="red">MP1 raises all-in to $13.95</font>, MP2 calls all-in for $5.80, JanelleBB7 calls $6.15
Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: PLO25 - Am I getting the Pot Odds to call Here?

Where is "here?"

From what I can tell, this is really standard given the other players putting so much dead money in the pot. 4-way action on the flop, where your equity only needs to be 25%, you have about 35% or so for the nut flush draw alone. So getting in the two calls on the flop is fine.

The turn, you have a huge pot and are facing small bets each time, so even though your gutshot probably isn't any good... nor two pair w/ the ace, this looks good enough for your flush draw alone.

So I don't know where "here" is, but yes you do - wherever that is.

Put it in and pray for a heart!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 PM

LOL well here is both the flop and turn,, sorry ... I just want to confirm that I was getting the odds to do what I did.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 AM

try propokertools.com to investigate it
give them card you think they have and see

as played its pretty standart
Old 09-18-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question is did I have the odds to call here...

[/ QUOTE ]Janelle - Yes.

I think you had favorable odds to call at every step of the way.

For example, on the turn, you have seven cards (outs) that are winners, two cards that may win, and 35 cards that lose. For a reasonable approximation, let's not count the two hearts that pair the board one way or the other. In that case your hand odds are approximately 35 to 7 or about 5 to 1 (against). That's admittedly crude, but close enough, I think.

Meanwhile if you can foresee all the bets that will go into the pot on the third betting round, you're getting 5 to 1 pot odds (plus if you connect on the river to make the nut flush, there is the implication that you should be able to collect more from at least one opponent).

Buzz
Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Thanks I will try propokertools. Thanks Buzz for your post.

See I was going more on my instinct that it seemed like the proper odds to call each step of the way. When that guy mini raised the flop I thought awww crap I am stuck with this draw now... no getting away from it at this point. What a ridiculous mini raise I thought... what was the point of that? I even laughed in the chat room because NO ONE was going to fold at that point to the mini raise with the pot pumped up like that..I have to call / shove from here on out and hope to get that heart for the nut flush.

I just want to make sure the math went along with my instinct that I was doing the right thing because I prayed and low and behold "HEART" BOOYAH!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM

I think you need to play the flop more aggressively. You have top pair, a couple of overs, a gutshot and the nut flush draw. Massive flop for you - raise it up and make it expensive for the straight draws. It's highly unlikely someone has top set since you have a 7, so you might get bottom set to fold out as well. If someone decides to push middle set, you're only a small dog and there's plenty of dead money in there.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:20 PM

Poker Moneky, I am not sure how I could have played the flop more agressively because the SB who bet before me bet $4, and most of the stacks were relatively small, so I am assuming if they'd call $4 bucks they'd call the pot. I was hoping by just calling to be able to get away from the hand if the turn pairs the board.

However, in general, I do tend to not play agressively on the flop.

** actually upon thinking about it, you are right if I potted the other players may very well have folded out of the hand. I actually do this a lot.. play the flop rather passively because I like to see TURNS.