Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 06:21 AM
 is offline

Default AQ oop min raised on flop, turn he shoves.

No stats on villain, besides that he`s scandinavian. Line check please. flop bet in hand 1 was to small.

hand 1

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($53.70)
BB ($41)
UTG ($48)
MP ($100.15)
Button ($52.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2.50, MP folds.

Flop: ($7) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($25) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $36 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $-11

hand 2

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($65.05)
MP ($45.10)
Button ($26.35)
Hero ($80.65)
BB ($49.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $12.5</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($28) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $13</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $28
Old 07-23-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: AQ oop min raised on flop, turn he shoves.

Yeah, your bet is too small and may look weak. Once the turn hits then it is an easy fold.
Hand 2, nasty spot to be in, I probably fold this pf, I just hate playing in the sb but I imagine I am quite nittish in that regard.
He probably has AK but meh you might as well fold on the flop, only 4 cards help you and lot of cards are just horrible, combine that with being oop means fold to 3 bet looks best to me.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:23 AM

Wow. Hand 1 seems pretty rough to me with no reads. Obviously bet more on the flop but you know that. I think I'm willing to get it all-in vs an unknown on the flop.

The turn makes it an obvious fold as you're now behind all the hands in his range that you were beating.

Hand 2, I think it's a good spot for a 3bet preflop. I don't like playing out of position to 2 players vs a mini-raise. If you just call, the BB is coming along most of the time and you have to play the entire hand in horrible position.

JQ is a solid hand when a villain's range is well-defined, but this miniraise basically tells you nothing. I fold to the flop 3bet as there are hardly any turn cards which help your hand here.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 AM

hand 2: calling on the flop and then not continuing when a blank comes off is a big leak. fold the flop if you donīt have the balls to call on the turn anyways. so either push flop or fold.

hand 1:Iīm calling the turn here. itīs quite an overbet but I have never seen villainīs bluff minraising fd... but maybe thatīs wrong.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 AM

Hand1 easy 3bet. 4.5 into 7 is totally normal. You don't need to cbet pot every time to take it down, its just spewage.

Hand2 I decide to felt it or not to felt on the flop. Calling and folding turn is terrible. I probably fold to the 3bet. Bet/3bet is always a monster.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand1 easy 3bet. 4.5 into 7 is totally normal. You don't need to cbet pot every time to take it down, its just spewage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Sure, you don't need to bet pot on whiffed flops just "to take it down", but here we have a strong hand on a flush draw board. I feel a lot more comfortable betting closer to pot as a flush draw will make up a substantial portion of villain's calling range.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 AM

Hand two I think is decided on the flop. If you call his re-raise, you can't fold to the deuce on the turn.

he min-raised pre-flop, then tried to get money into the pot with a minimum bet and re-raised your decent raise. I, personally, and folding and paying more attention to him here.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 AM

I think you have the best hand a lot here. This guy seems to exude plenty of random aggression. Hand 1 is ok, but as others have pointed out in hand 2, calling the flop 3bet and then folding the turn is bad. Either donīt fold ever in the hand or fold the flop.