Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt has lost my action

mac os. problems started two updates ago, just before anti-gambling bill.
Could problem be upload bandwidth, (I use dsl)? I get slow down with any other internet site open (pandora).
Could ft be scanning more of our systems to pre-empt future problems for them: collusion, US use, etc. ?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:08 AM

i almost never have a problem playing at FT. I play 2-4 tables though and not 8 like some of you.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:04 AM

Never had any problems with FT or PS.
Only probs with PP.

...and my computer is a hand me down, made of belly button lint and held together by dried snot.

Not doubting you have problems with FT, just throwing my info out there.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:14 AM

Havn't had lag issues at all on FT. I run minimum 6 tables and poker tracker importing per minute with a large database. Maybe the routing from your connection to the FT server is just bad? I dunno. But if it was truly the case of being FT's problem then it would affect everyone. If 6 people are sat at a table and only 1 person lags then its definitely not FT server side. You guys should get together and see what you guys have in common? Share the same ISP by chance?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the routing from your connection to the FT server is just bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Please read what has been posted. This has been addressed already.

[ QUOTE ]
Share the same ISP by chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Please read what has been posted. This has been addressed already.

[Edit: I'm sorry if I'm being kind of harsh but I am tired of posters coming into this thread, completely ignoring what has already been posted, and saying "lolz d00d it must be ur internet wirez ru sure theyre plugged in?"]
Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually tried running FT on a freshly formatted pc with only windows installed, the exact same problems occured. In this state there wold be near enough zero fragmentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this error would be easier to find for the Full Tilt developers if the ones that's experiencing the problems list their system specs. Maybe this is something that happens with say one specific chip set or one particular brand of routers?

[/ QUOTE ]

To the first poster quoted, is this really true? I mean, wow... obviously it's not on your end. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Everyone else, if you would do what the second quote suggests, there's enough people who know what they're talking about (a lot more than me) for us to be able to narrow down the possibilities here. I was mining 13 FT tables and playing on 3 more, while mining 5 UB tables using PAH as my HH grabber and auto-importing every 4 minutes for each site, with a 2.4 Gbit DSL connection and I haven't had an issue yet.

Here are just some of the potential hardware/software issues:

1) Your computer can't handle it and you need to reconfigure some things. After I had been doing the above for 6 hours, with only Firefox open in addition to poker software, my RAM usage levels were the highest I'd ever seen them, over 900MB. I have 2GB of RAM, so this wasn't an issue, but it certainly would be for someone who had any less. It looks like FT uses/likes a pretty hefty amount of memory. Also... I know that Firefox used to claim/hold as much physical RAM (like 512MB and more) as was available unless you re-configured it. I don't know if they've completely fixed that yet, but I'm sure other programs/Windows do this too. And even if those programs aren't "stealing" memory they could just use a whole lot of it (e.g., photoshop).

I don't know exactly when, but Windows starts writing to your page file well before only 10% of your physical RAM is left (i.e., if I had 1GB of RAM) and it doesn't exactly do so efficiently. If you don't know how much RAM your pc has, you have 512MB or god forbid 256MB. As an earlier poster said, optimizing your page file is crucial, especially if you only have one hard drive, partitions, or <1GB of RAM. (FYI: if you haven't done this, your computer runs worse and more slowly than it should)

2) Windows allocates bandwidth inefficiently. Too many programs (IE, prob. FF, IM clients, filesharing, etc.) will instruct your ethernet controller to assign x% of bandwidth to that program for as long as it's running, <u>for its use alone</u>. afaik these numbers are along the lines of 5-10%, but they obviously can add up. (Not to cast any doubt on the people who've been pinging, but I'm pretty sure that a command prompt gets preference over most apps. PP let me telnet into a server one time, and I connected just fine, but I was still unable to sit in at any of my tables.)

3) As part of a security update, Windows limits the number of connections/second your pc will accept, which was a actually good thing. However, if you have enough distinct connections at one time, you'll have problems, unless you reconfigure XP.

4) Those of you with big PT databases, listen to the earlier poster who advised defragging them. I've done this and it makes a HUGE difference in hard drive read and especially write times and speeds. fwiw, as far as CPU load/cycling goes, PAH is the program that gets out of line for me (its database cache postgreSQL processes, specifically).

5) You're running unlicensed software.

6) You have a virus/malware/adware running and/or you don't protect your computer.

7) Your pc has a CPU/bridge/chipset that AMD or Dell only installed in new computers for 4 months during the first half of 05, and it/your graphics card/your hard drive/your memory/your etc. needs a software or firmware update to play nicely with the rest of your pc. Obviously this is a hypothetical, but it happens ALL the time.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:39 PM

I havent had any problems, but realize that Full Tilt is likely going to expience some expansion problems. This has happened to every site as it grows. Party has had plenty of problems over the years as the player base grew, UB has been plagued with them too.

I am sure Pokerstars had problems along the was from 5k players to 100k players.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 PM

I am taking my ball and going home too.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 PM

[quote[Edit: I'm sorry if I'm being kind of harsh but I am tired of posters coming into this thread, completely ignoring what has already been posted, and saying "lolz d00d it must be ur internet wirez ru sure theyre plugged in?"]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem you have is that plenty of people have no probelms with FT. This isnt like WPEX where everyone has these issues. So if you have 100 people playing on a site and 97 have no problems and 3 do, you should not be surprised when people presume its a problem on your end.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you can get your situation worked out, but I don't think its Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a problem affects one site and one site only, and the internet connection to that site has been discounted, then you can start to suspect maybe it is Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when it affects 5% of the players you can start to suspect that maybe it isn't. What do we have, about ten or fifteen people with lag problems?

Are you sure you have all your OS's various updates and patches and stuff installed?

[/ QUOTE ]

5% is a HUGE number.