Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:39 AM

Default I regret this hand ($0.01/$0.02 - pokerstars)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($4.91)
CO ($4.31)
Button ($2.92)
SB ($1.39)
BB ($4.32)
UTG ($4.98)
UTG+1 ($10.95)
MP1 ($6.06)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 1 fold, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) Q, J, 3 4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.02</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.02, BB calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.14) 6 3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets $0.12</font>, Hero folds, SB calls $0.12.

River: ($0.38) A 2 players)</font>
SB bets $0.2</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $0.78

----------------------------

I am following a system where I only raise pre-flop with that hand in that position 30% of the time. I thought he had hit the flush. I think maybe I should have called in the hope of a spade appearing giving me the queen high flush... but I thought he had an ace of spades and another low spade, or at least two spades. I was using gametime+ and his agression factor post flop was less than 1.

I have only been playing this level 1 day.

Any thoughts appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: I regret this hand ($0.01/$0.02 - pokerstars)

I guess this wasn't a good topic. Or maybe the limits are too low for you guys to waste your time responding to. Anyway, my day is going well, so far so good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 AM

I'll help you out street for street because there is so much to pick on.

1. I don't reccomend playing FR at all. It is boring and it is rigged.

Preflop: Raise here. Make it .08. This is for value, for defining ranges, and for the ability to continuation bet.

Flop: This is a decent flop for you, but you have no idea where you are at because you didn't raise preflop. I'd bet for value though, but a lot more than your minumum amount bet. I'd probably just pot it here for 8 cents.

Turn: You are likely to be beat here. Again you don't know for sure, because a lot of stuff could have called that small flop bet. However, the board is getting dangerous, and you could even have been beat all along by two pair. Now the flush is out there too though, and yet BB bets out big with you left to act. I think your fold is good.

The turn decision of yours is nothing to regret. Flop and preflop are though.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 AM

You posted the hand at 5am, when noone is online [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Furthermore it's fullring, so post it in fullring next time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RAISE PREFLOP, openlimping is the weakest play in poker
min-bet suxx as well, make it 0.06$-0.08$ on the flop.
turn isn't terrible but you got a redraw, therefore i call that.

The hand started bad with limping, your flop play was terrible. You could have won that hand easily...

What system are you following? This system sucks, if it says openlimping with AQo...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($4.91)
CO ($4.31)
Button ($2.92)
SB ($1.39)
BB ($4.32)
UTG ($4.98)
UTG+1 ($10.95)
MP1 ($6.06)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 1 fold, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) Q, J, 3 4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.02</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.02, BB calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.14) 6 3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets $0.12</font>, Hero folds, SB calls $0.12.

River: ($0.38) A 2 players)</font>
SB bets $0.2</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $0.78

----------------------------

I am following a system where I only raise pre-flop with that hand in that position 30% of the time. I thought he had hit the flush. I think maybe I should have called in the hope of a spade appearing giving me the queen high flush... but I thought he had an ace of spades and another low spade, or at least two spades. I was using gametime+ and his agression factor post flop was less than 1.

I have only been playing this level 1 day.

Any thoughts appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of things dude. You will get many more responses if you post this in the full ring forum. Most of the people in this forum play 6max.

Preflop: From MP I would raise this hand when first in the pot. 4XBB so $0.08 is good. This is where you made your major mistake because later on you have given a lot of people a cheap flop and anyone with two spades is going to draw to the flush. By raising you reduce the chance that someo9ne as some crappy suited 2 gapper that they played because they could get in cheap.

Flop: I bet 2/3 pot. Your goal with this bet is to thin the field and drive out weak draws. Anyone with a spade draw is coming along.

Turn: The third spade is a good place to check and possibly fold.

+EV
Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You posted the hand at 5am, when noone is online [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Furthermore it's fullring, so post it in fullring next time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RAISE PREFLOP, openlimping is the weakest play in poker
min-bet suxx as well, make it 0.06$-0.08$ on the flop.
turn isn't terrible but you got a redraw, therefore i call that.

The hand started bad with limping, your flop play was terrible. You could have won that hand easily...

What system are you following? This system sucks, if it says openlimping with AQo...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important point. Until you know better, do not ever, EVER, limp into a pot when first in. If you can't raise then fold. And with this hand you should be raising in MP.

+EV

PS. Notice that the advice you have been given is pretty similar? Pay attention because this is ABC advice. Just making a few of these corrections is going to put you light years ahead of the competition at .01/.02

PPS. Don't follow systems that tell you to limp PF first into the pot.

PPPS. Don't follow systems you made up yourself.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Yeah raise preflop. You don't need a complicated deceptive system at .01/.02. You just need to play good hands well and get value out of them.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah raise preflop. You don't need a complicated deceptive system at .01/.02. You just need to play good hands well and get value out of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, nice first post!
+EV