Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Everyday carry, what cant you live without?

Ive seen these kind of threads on various forums and they worked well there. Ive tried searching for a more specific thread after reading and being inspired by this one.

So what gadgets and general objects make up your every day carry list? If you are American, do you carry a handgun? Cant you live without your blackberry? How about a four leaf clover you found when you were 14?

Maybe we have someone with their own pocket survivalist kit?

What i cant live without

Firstly is my wallet:

My ACM Wallet

Ive had this for around 4 years now. As it happens ive decided to retire it due to being dinged up a fair bit and a change back to a slightly more traditional wallet (link to next wallet). I considered upgrading to a Money Clamp but it just didnt appeal enough, appearing too fiddly to access money and cards. Perhaps someday.

It resides in my left front pocket. Yes, im one of those front pocket users.

All my change i keep in my back left.

My mobile is the Sony Ericsson Z710i which is a mid range Pay and Go phone. Dont use it often enough to justify a contract.

Its also my MP3 player and portable radio. The headphones are crappy and im going to upgrade to bluetooth ones when i get around to it. But it does the job.

My headphones when not in my phone live in the same pocket.

On my right belt loop, and draped into my right pocket is my keyring. Ive been putting it together for a while from various bits and pieces, but the main constituent is a Pretec I Drive, which is a 4gb USB drive and is billed as being so strongly made it is water, fire and bulletproof. The clip on it is what i use to attach it to my jeans and it is really good quality (ive broke a few crappy ones in the past).

I keep a fair few back ups and install files on it, along with a copy of my KeePass safe.

I also have one of those shopping trolley tokens the size of a £1 coin on it (with the Union Flag on it), which has saved me on a few occasions.

I also carry my steel die which started life as my card protector and somehow ended up as an object i constantly carry. Its the metal half-incher from here for the curious.

In my back right i tend to carry my Swiss Card. Mine is the red one.

The pen and scissors are what i use most from it. Its a really handy item to carry though.

Fwiw, id carry my penknife with me, but it has sentimental value (belonged to my deceased cousin) and whilst i dont see myself getting arrested for having such a knife here in the UK i just dont want to risk having it confiscated.

I also used to carry a jet flame lighter until it broke. Havent gotton around to replacing it and seeing as i dont smoke anymore i might never get around to it.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Everyday carry, what cant you live without?

water
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 PM

I stopped carrying a wallet a while ago, I carry about 3 cards, money, my Blackberry Pearl phone and relevant keys.

I am intrigued by that wallet. Anyone else have one?

I bring keys and cash. Sometimes I bring identification if I intend to purchase alcohol.

Are you from the matrix?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:54 PM

The swiss card, and 4gb hard drive seem pretty cool. The ACM wallet looks like it would take up a lot of space and not be to useful.

Usually I just carry my phone, cash, and my keys. wallet/mp3 player, and camera depending on where I am going.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 PM

my sweet gun
Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 PM

gamblore,

I like my ACM. Its not as bulky as most wallets, but im definately moving onto something to trim down the bulge. I would definately recommend it though, and it will likely make reappearences even whilst retired when i need to carry a few cards with me.

guids,

Yes. Yes i am. Fwiw, ive always wanted one of those long leather coats. It will be bought in time for winter this year.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:00 PM

My initial reaction to that wallet was "cool!", but then I decided its not. For one thing, it sayus its 1.5 inches thick, and I usually keep my wallet pretty lean. Also, it doesn't seem particularly useful. I only use two cards on a regular basis and they are both in easily accessed slots on my wallet.

That Swiss Army thing is pretty cool though, I'm definitely gonna check that out. How thin is it, is it small enough to fit in a wallet without bulging it too much?

Carry around that die is pretty weird/lame, and seems to be unnecessary given how much crap you have.

When I leave the house I always have:

Ipod
Keys (usually just apt. building and apt. key on a bottle opener)
Razr Cell Phone. I don't care about people hating on this phone, its slimness makes it worth it.
wallet (wallet usually only contains cash, license,1 CC, atm card, and maybe 3 random cvs/red cross/gnc type cards. also i have a shamrock in a prayer card type thing thats always in my wallet.