Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: BRAQ thread

i agree 100% with what joker is saying, im not nearly as good as most of the people who have posted graphs thus far, but i still play high, even online never play lower then 30 60, just because even though my winrate is not that high (~.5-.75/100), i just cant play lower and play well and take it seriously it kills me.

when i go to play nl i have very similar problems if im playing 2 4 or 3 6, i get three bet pflop and its like 50 more to me and im like hey what the hell thats not even one BB when im playing limit.

the lower variance and probably very similar winrate (maybe? i dunno) of playing lower would be very nice, having 5 figure swings become rather standard can be very tolling on me when im playing high sh lhe online.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

however, playing low gets really boring (at least for me) and i dont take it seriously and don't even play that well. does anyone have any tips on how to combat this?

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit were you playing nine months ago? Can't you just remember how you felt last winter?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

oh ok. also someone (maybe you?) said something about DD playing pursuant to +sanityEV which is something ive been thinking alot about lately. ive tried it a few times - playing 15/30 or thereabouts where i'm pretty sure i'm at least playing a 2bb/100 edge and therefore avoiding alot of variance. i was actually talking to gehrig the other day about doing this. the games these days are ripe for the sickest swings - both short and long term - that anyone has ever seen and frankly it's slowing driving me to the brink of insanity. however, playing low gets really boring (at least for me) and i dont take it seriously and don't even play that well. does anyone have any tips on how to combat this? DD, how do you make it interesting for yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you considered playing less? I mean 120k hands in two months - I would go insane. I'm at 2.80 for the last 155k hands at my main limits, 30/60 and 50/100, and I think the key to this result (besides running good) is never playing when I am not alert which leads to me being almost tilt free and very rarely getting sloppy. The downside is I don't play as much (less than 10k hands a month) and thus probably make a lot less than I could but after being close to burn out a year ago I was pretty much forced to choose health over money and I have no regrets over that now.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm at 2.80 for the last 155k hands at my main limits, 30/60 and 50/100,

[/ QUOTE ]

wowwwwww very impressive. graph or PT screenshot??