Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Full Ring No-Limit Forum requests a split.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When did nath become a troll? IIRC he used to be a respectable poster.

Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]
HU4ROLLZ? I can't think of a good FR =! HU joke right now, but I will.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fist bump
Old 11-22-2007, 01:24 PM

you guys are still here? sweet, thats pretty cool.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 PM

I feel like part of the impetus for the creation of full ring was because live players didn't want to be inundated with online 6-max posts. If there is a forum split, perhaps it should come from peeling off the smallest live buy-ins, most obviously 1/2 or 1/3 with $300 or smaller maximum buy-ins, but maybe tables like 2/5 500-max. Then determine which online stakes are considered equivalent and peel those off as well into a smaller stakes forum, since people seem to think that a 1/2NL game live is different from one online.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Full Ring No-Limit Forum now unanimously requests a split.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you posting here?

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, this forum is labeled "About the Forums", and thus is for discussion of the many forums on 2+2. It is not titled "About the Forum" or "About the Full Ring Forum" in which case eviljeff's posting here could be viewed as a bit more puzzling.

Your question does leave some ambiguity, though. Are you asking why eviljeff is posting here on 2+2? I imagine that, in general, it's due to the fact that he plays poker, although there are certainly 2+2ers that don't really play and like to be part of the community. You'd have to ask eviljeff what his particular reason is.

If your question is rather "why are you posting here?" in a more existential sense - for example, "why are you posting on Planet Earth" - we may have to turn to Robert Mayshaque and hope someone can complete his unfinished 104-man onslaught to answer such musings on existence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would not comment, but this is pretty much my favorite post on 2+2 ever!
Old 11-24-2007, 05:35 PM

The solution was already mentioned here and it was a good one. Just delete the full ring forum. Despite what the regulars like to think, the games are still essentially the same damn thing. It's like the guy joking suggesting 4-5 handed 6max games should get their own forum. The forum really has no reason to exist.

Then again, the strategy forums here have been a joke for at least a year and a half, if not longer.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution was already mentioned here and it was a good one. Just delete the full ring forum. Despite what the regulars like to think, the games are still essentially the same damn thing. It's like the guy joking suggesting 4-5 handed 6max games should get their own forum. The forum really has no reason to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy you speak of is a tourney donk who donates at cash games, though he has a small point, but again as someone who plays all games well i really think that dividing up players who tend to play fr more is benificial seeing that many types of spots in a fr game need to be considered much differently than a shorthanded game. NO offense to you but have you played [censored] tons of full ring hands and shorthanded hands to say this with any certainty?[ QUOTE ]
Then again, the strategy forums here have been a joke for at least a year and a half, if not longer.

[/ QUOTE ] This I totaly agree with.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:21 PM

oldschool,

Yes and, no offense, but probably at much higher stakes than you. There is very, very little difference and few interesting hands come up in the spots where the differences show themselves.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
THANK YOU

I am so sick of FR players acting like it's a different [censored] game or something.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
THANK YOU

I am so sick of FR players acting like it's a different [censored] game or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is....
Old 11-24-2007, 11:10 PM

Oh, well, if the guy who can only win 20BBs deep says it is, then I take it back. Nevermind the fact that I've successfully transitioned between the two on numerous occasions with only slight hand-range adjustments.