Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 03:31 AM

Default \"Dems don\'t have a plan.\" Thoughts?

One of the big Republican talking points this election season has been how Democrats have done nothing but insult the president, undermine him, the troops, and the war on terror, and refuse to offer specific plans to win in Iraq, and in the broader war on terror.
What I keep wondering is, as secretive as the Bush administration has tried to be in its anti-terrorism efforts, and understandably so, what are the Dems expected to say? I know that incessant vaguery from political candidates is usually frustrating, and suspicious, but are they expected to reveal that they'd bring the 100K+ troops home from Iraq in X number of months, and eventually send 20K to this country/region, another 30K here, 30K there, etc....?
What are some of your thoughts on this? What anti-terror tactics do Republicans want to hear out of Democrats that wouldn't give useful information to the enemy?
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 AM

Default Re: \"Dems don\'t have a plan.\" Thoughts?

Yeah I agree with you, the Democrats don't have a plan. Problem is, the Republicans don't have one either. (and I say that as a conservative Republican). Democracy Rulez!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:12 AM

The whole Democrats dont have a plan is BS a myth the Republicans keep putting forward hoping it sticks. Do the Democrats have a "Contract For America"? No, but they dont need one, especially since the Republicans havent really stuck with anything on there. The Democrats do have two main plans they are using during campaigns right now. One is "The Plan" A book and ideas by Rahm Emanuel, and the other is "The First 100 Hours" Which Pelosi is putting forward and alot of other Democrats are using as well.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:51 AM

Yes, they should be presenting a timetable for withdrawal. If Bush won't do it they should offer the people and alternative.

Approval for the war is at what, 20% or something crazy. I have no clue why they are still afraid to be against it.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I agree with you, the Democrats don't have a plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a victim of perception management, aka propaganda

The dems have a pretty good plan for the first hundred hours. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/06/D8KIV12O0.html

[ QUOTE ]
Day One: Put new rules in place to "break the link between lobbyists and legislation."

Day Two: Enact all the recommendations made by the commission that investigated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Time remaining until 100 hours: Raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour, maybe in one step. Cut the interest rate on student loans in half. Allow the government to negotiate directly with the pharmaceutical companies for lower drug prices for Medicare patients.

Broaden the types of stem cell research allowed with federal funds.

All the days after that: "Pay as you go," meaning no increasing the deficit, whether the issue is middle class tax relief, health care or some other priority.

To do that, she said, Bush-era tax cuts would have to be rolled back for those above "a certain level." She mentioned annual incomes of $250,000 or $300,000 a year and higher, and said tax rates for those individuals might revert to those of the Clinton era. Details will have to be worked out, she emphasized.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will just be happy if they undo all the damage the republicans did to the EPA, OSHA, FEMA and especially the armed forces.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:12 PM

Does not being as corrupt as the republicans or run by the religious right count as a plan? Even if they don't have an actual plan, capital P, the aforementioned is enough to secure my vote.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:51 PM

I don't really care what the plan is I just want the dems to take either the house or the senate. We need gridlock in the government. This country is better off when the republicans and democrats aren't able to do a damn thing.