Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: one of the weirdest hands i\'ve played in a while

[ QUOTE ]
This is like the best board you can get if you are holding TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] vs. 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

but thats just IMO [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 03:24 PM

At the turn it's easy. Check/fold. He is ultra-passive, isn't going to bet anything you beat here, and you get to see his hand regardless.

Even the worst players know they have to show their hand down and tend not to bluff at these pots (on these boards).

Your hand still has showdown value. Check and fold.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are we not c/f'ing the flop? the flop is 4-way and that jack has a high chance of hitting someone else's range (QJ, KJ, AJ, TJ)

[/ QUOTE ]

we bet to protect our hand from overcards
Old 11-08-2007, 03:27 PM

I like the way you played pf, but you have to bet more on the flop, make it $3.90 since you're up against 3 players. I also disagree that nobody else has shown strength here. In my experience at this limit, UTG's range could still be JJ, QQ, KK. Many players dont 3 or 4 bet preflop nomatter what they have at this limit. I dont understand why but they just dont. Since UTG folds on the flop we can eliminate that range.

CO/SB has now called you so the very weakest hand in CO/SB's range is 910, but you already see 2 tens so thats unlikely. You have to give CO/SB credit for AJ/KJ/QJ at this point, or possibly slow playing a set. Loose passive players get the same hands as we do in the LR, and I don't see a calling station continuing with weak holdings once the pot has built to this size.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM

CO called, SB called, too, but is allin, and btw i dont care about him, he probably has a smaller PP.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 PM

I missed that the SB is all in sorry. What I said still holds true for the CO IMO. No prize for second place so you have to make sure you have the BEST hand out of ALL players involved in the hand. At some point you have to put people on a hand and either continue to bet or give up and c/f. Continuing to bet, especially after the open ender hits is wreckless IMO. If he wants to outplay you here there's not much you can do about it. Since SB is allin you will at least get to see the showdown.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:07 PM

Ok, I think checking was pretty standard, i was going to fold to a bet. But CO decided not to bet and we see another card.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $11.25
UTG: $10
Hero (MP): $14.70
CO: $22.75
BTN: $10.80
SB: $2.65

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, CO calls $1.20, BTN folds, SB calls $1.15, BB folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($4.90) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, CO calls $2.25, SB calls $1.45 and is All-In, UTG folds

Turn: ($10.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($10.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="blue"> Hero...? </font>
Old 11-08-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, that we are playing NL10, and they dont have 10$ behind, but 6$.
The 1/2pot bet might look weak, i agree, but doesnt 4$ just turn my hand into a bluff? I mean, i doubt 77 is pushing here, probably 99 would fold.
1/2pot invites all of those hands.
I think players are not playing back at those levels, especially if they have to commit theirselves to a pot.

I might be wrong, but just "they'll play back at you with a 1/2pot" wont change my mind.

I think I'd bet with AA 2/3pot here, so this might be the best bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 1262 posts, still playing 10NL. Perhaps there is a deeper problem here.

No disrespect intended, but maybe you aren't taking your learning of poker as seriously as you need to be. I see you post and respond quite often, but are you just cram and flushing all of this?

I also think this is evident by the fact that you posted a question playing 99 OOP and immediately posted another spot with 99 OOP like you hadn't even been thinking about the first hand you posted and how to improve upon your play. Perhaps simply folding the second 99 after you just lost with it (assuming you lost, most people dont post if they won buncho scrilla unless its in BBV) from OOP and taking time to analyze b/f you go straight into practice.

Are you a member of any training sites? If not I would strongly recommend it.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River: ($10.85) Q (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this villain I am somewhat tempted to try a small blocking bet (like $2), both because he is not likely to ever bluff raise, and because after his turn check it is at least possible you could get some value from a smaller pocket pair that wasn't willing to give it up to your smallish flop bet.

Against a better or more aggressive opponent I would never take this line but here it might be better than checking since you can probably set the bet size to get to showdown. If you check, I just can't see calling a larger bet.

[ QUOTE ]
You have 1262 posts, still playing 10NL. Perhaps there is a deeper problem here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an obvious conclusion to reach, but it's also somewhat presumptious (although it may still be true.) As an example, I am a recreational player who plays as many hands in a month as many 50nl players play in a day or two. I can post from work, but not play, so my (postcount:stakes) ratio might look like this soon enough. I could have afforded to start higher but I chose to deposit $20 on PS and try to work my way up. I only just started playing 10nl (after 2 and 5nl) and given how little I play I might be there for months, although I will try to move up. (Variance: cashing out $100 to go towards property tax bill, so it might be a while). Anyway, just food for thought.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM

I think I just c/f river too. He'll most likely check behind you if you've got him beaten, I can't really see why he'd choose to bluff the river, but not the turn. Even if he bets, there are so many hands that beat us (the Qs is one of the worst cards that could have come, along with an Ac or the other J's.)
Closed Thread