Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 08:46 AM

Default Nostalgia, early teens and first actress love

Pier Angeli in "Merry Andrew"! My first true love of a screen actress. I can still remember going to see the movie three times. The two last times trying to make sure I didn't blink during the extremely brief scene of Pier Angeli showering, hoping to catch my first glimpse of adorable naked female. Getting to keep my eyes open without blinking from the immediately preceeding scene, just to be sure. That's why I needed three viewing, the second was to ensure I could identify the scene immediately preceeding.

Today, I still don't know if I "saw" anything (LOL), but I still remember when the magic of cinema hit me in the softest and rawest place (sex and emotions).

Pier Angeli, obviously was a special woman, having had a significant influence, and romance, with James Dean.

What are your first cinematic loves?

PS Go diebitter... I like the zone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Nostalgia, early teens and first actress love

Glad you like it, MidGe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Love...hmmm, don't remember falling in love with an actress on the big screen. Definitely fell in love with Joanna Lumley as Purdey in 'The New Avengers' on the small screen at a very impressionable age (13 maybe?)...ooooh those legs...

Also on the small screen, I absolutely and completely fell in love with Nastassja Kinski in a late-night viewing of a film called 'Passion Flower Hotel' (I think it's called 'Boarding School' in the US) at about the age of 18. In fact, I thought pretty much all the girls were hot in this, and it was a toss up between her and a black-haired French girl that was in this movie who was hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell.... I luckily videoed it while it was on, and that tape got worn out pretty much. I do have it on DVD now, but it's not the same. I'm an old guy now, so it's just an old guy leching at young girls...

On the big screen, the only time I remember being in a cinema and being hit by a big bolt of lust out of nowhere was the scene in Trading Places where Jamie Lee Curtis takes off her top. Holy moley, that had a deep and profound effect, I can tell you.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:53 PM

Farrah Fawcett....

Yeah...I am that f*&%ing old
Old 05-24-2006, 04:10 PM

When I was little I really loved Winnona Ryder. I saw her in Beetlejuice and was obsessed ever since. I was so in love with her. My Mom would say "you just want to be like her". Now she knows I wanted to be "on" her.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:05 PM

Winona Ryder and I have the same birthday (Oct 29). I am exactly one year older meaning she's 34 now (holy crap).
I was digging Wynona back in her Heathers days.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:57 PM

As sad as it sounds I remember having a pretty big crush on Linda Carter as Wonder Woman.

But it soon graduated to Phoebe Cates after seeing the Cinemax partially unscrambled version of Paradise. With the old analog cable boxes you could put the channel on one below Cinemax and turn the adjust knob all the way to the right. This allowed for a pretty clear B&W picture. But the sound was just a horrible beeping noise, so you had to turn it all the way down. Didn't take Mom too long to figure out what was going on after she found the TV like that a few times. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It was cool though because of the B&W and you had to make up your own dialog, which was always a million times better than actual. Later I saw some of my favorite softcore movies unscrambled and the dialog/plot almost ruined the movie for me to the point of non-performance--but not quite.

Anyway, Phoebe was just insane in that movie. And to this day she has to be my all time HS crush. I was somewhat devasted when she said on David Letterman that a lot of those scenes were a body-double. But no one can take my memories, even if they were false. And she said the showering scene was her. WHEW. I need to rent that movie again...
Old 05-24-2006, 07:05 PM

I still have a huge crush on Neve Campbell from back in my junior high days. (Scream was where it's at!)

Sadly, I was very disappointed by "When Will I Be Loved."
Old 05-24-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still have a huge crush on Neve Campbell from back in my junior high days. (Scream was where it's at!)

[/ QUOTE ]

You've seen Wild Things, right?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:59 PM

Olivia Hussey

Old 05-24-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... I absolutely and completely fell in love with Nastassja Kinski ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, she has stirred me in the same way, especially in "One from the Heart", a magnificently underrated movie by Coppola, fimed entirely in studio (full directorial control of anything and anyone in the frame), and in a wonderfully haunting movie "Paris, Texas".

Amazing that she is the daughter of Klaus which in contrast is pure evil (genius) of course.