Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Official MTT COACHING thread.

In a few months, I feel like I will hire a coach. Until then, I am available for coaching as well. I will teach you:

1. How to write posts on 2+2 and fool people into thinking you are a better player than you are (in SSMTT).
2. How to be a winning player at NL25 PLO (two tables).
3. How to maximize your expectation of sitting at at table with rednecks and/or 17 year olds.
4. How to pick up girls aged 18+ while at NL50 6max.
5. Writing poetry/prose that depicrates an OP's vile play in SSMTT while at the same time making that OP like you.
6. What not to do with AKo+; QQ+.
7. Being emo without going on tilt.
8. Breaking stuff.
9. How to get [censored] housed and succeed in home games and small stakes MTTs.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poker is a game where great players at least make good coaches

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how good lilholdem is at coaching. Of course, yall gonna say that he ain't nothing, but then this whole statement is moot, because "greatness" in this game is not defined at all.

I wish I had someone to point me in the right direction, but I am not paying $3K for 10 hours of dubious value. And being coached for just a few hours doesnt seem like it will accomplish much anyway.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
poker is a game where great players at least make good coaches

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how good lilholdem is at coaching. Of course, yall gonna say that he ain't nothing, but then this whole statement is moot, because "greatness" in this game is not defined at all.

I wish I had someone to point me in the right direction, but I am not paying $3K for 10 hours of dubious value. And being coached for just a few hours doesnt seem like it will accomplish much anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

ban for lilholdem reference
Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 PM

I'm sure lil hold'em would be a fine coach:

Student: Lil, what do I do here?
Chad: Bitch please, we went over that [censored] yesterday.
Student: But I don't remember.
Chad: Raise, fool.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM

How many hours does someone think is needed to make a good impact? On MTT's on AP this year I have a pretty good ROI but I find myself often making errors in late stages when stacks aren't real deep but making an error in a hand basically kills you. I have considered a coach to shore up my weaknesses, but all in all am a competent MTT player. I just have trouble seeing 3,000 dollars being a good investment, but am unsure how long people think is needed on average.

I realize this is all subjective, and people will take different times.. just curious about people who have coached in the past and how long they spent on average. I generally play from 10's to 50's right now, with occasional shots at the higher buy ins. I think I'm real close to being a very very good MTT player, just need a little help in finishing.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM

I was gonna say I charge 250 hour but to be honest from skimming this thread Deeb is the best deal at 75/hour for online lessons.

If anyone's in the DC area and wants a live sweat/watch me play all the Sundays pm me and we can work something out.

Or if you donkament guys want to learn to play cash holla at me. I've been doing real well at 5/10 and 10/25 lately, and have helped get a few people to beat 2/4. Currently helping some 2/4 players move up.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:43 PM

chim,
I think 2 or 3 lessons (at about 1 hour each) can be really helpful depending on a player's skill level. First lesson is sort of just feeling stuff out, but second and third I usually spend plugging gigantic leaks and explaining concepts that come up again and again.

Also, even at 300/hour, 3k buys a ton of coaching. You don't seem to realize how much 10 hours of coaching is.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. What you offer in terms of services.
I enjoy coaching a lot did it a bit in the past many of my students had immediate success. I have done ghosting as well as you ghosting me. I tend to do this only at beginning and end of sessions so you won't have to worry about me playing 20 tables while discussing thought process with you. I will show you how to give yourself the best opportunity to win every final table you enter. I will review HHs but I kind of prefer not to do that as I feel like you learn the least from that. During a live sweating session I can form my own reads and expand on them to you on what you should of picked up. Flow is too hard to comprehend in a text form.
2. How much it costs.
$75 an hour if you get over 4 hours 100$ for less then 4 hours
3. Why you’re qualified to coach.
If you even have to ask...
I am very good at getting people to increase volume and to understand why it's soo good. I have a redic mtt record at mid to low levels. I have more tourney experience then anyone else. I def think and play different then anyone else your game will change for sure after a few sessions.
4. Anything additional we should know about you, other details, or anything the previous questions didn’t cover.
As a student you may become a wafflecrusher after the sessions if I like your new game.

[/ QUOTE ]

shaun are u on crack. i charge more for coaching than u do. hell u charge as much as jennifear, although she does have a 8857754% ROI in SnGs below $1

edit: ansky probably already charges 300/hr for cash coaching, so i dont see why hed charge less for mtt coaching
Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chim,
I think 2 or 3 lessons (at about 1 hour each) can be really helpful depending on a player's skill level. First lesson is sort of just feeling stuff out, but second and third I usually spend plugging gigantic leaks and explaining concepts that come up again and again.

Also, even at 300/hour, 3k buys a ton of coaching. You don't seem to realize how much 10 hours of coaching is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your second point is totally fair. I don't really know at all how much would actually be accomplished. That's kinda what I was trying to feel out.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a slow learner, you insensitive clod! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Closed Thread