Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Live with Gynecologist(sp?)

Bellagio, 100/200, 6 or 7 players. Well dressed middle aged man looking for a bigger game but only finding this has sat down on my left one round ago. I can definately say that he plays loose and unconventional but he hasn't done anything post flop that I can definitively say is stupid. For the most part, the game itself has been vegas passive, with the exception of this new guy, who might convince me to stay in the game (I was thinking about picking up just before he sat down).

I'm on the small blind, villain's on the big blind. It folds around to us and I look at KK and raise, Gyn 3bets, I four, he fives, I six, he sevens, I call.

Thoughts? Too many, too few?

Flop comes rags. I check, he checks.

Turn comes rag. I check (?), he checks ...

River comes Q. I bet (?), he calls.

Okay, lots of questions here, like how is my play on every street, and what should I be thinking/putting him on on the various streets. What does he have?

I'll post my thoughts and the results later.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Live with Gynecologist(sp?)

He has AK.

Preflop is about right against an unknown, I may have put in one more raise before slowing, obviously with more of a read you could keep going here.

If he does have AA, or any big pair, no way he checks that flop. So he probably has ace high, and you should bet turn and river assuming no ace comes.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM

How did you know he was a gyn? Did he bring a speculum to the table?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:38 PM

Yeah, it just seems like you're strongly assuming that he's a poor, unsophisticated/unthinking player, no?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 PM

I was telling the hand to someone else and he said that the guy I was playing against had delievered like every Las Vegas child in the past 20 years. He's also played some poker on TV, HSP, Dr. Amir Nasseri, I think his name is, not sure. I did not know this at the time of the hand in question.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:32 PM

I would say you need to bet the turn after he checks the flop...though it would be absolutely brilliant of him to check AA on the flop if he knew this would happen to get him 3BB instead of 2.5BB from a lower high PP. Might have been better to ask about turn action before showing his action after you.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:28 PM

Yeah, obv. the only real question in the hand aside from preflop is whether he's trying to get the extra half-bet. It just seemed so fishy cause even if he does have AK he should bet the flop and check behind the turn if he wants to get to sd cheap. I thought it was quite likely he was after the extra 1/2bb because of how clear the situation: AA vs. KK calldown all the way, was.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:46 PM

That's probably enough PF action. Bet the turn and river 1000% of the time. He has AK 999% of the time. And yah, that's Amir Nasseri. He plays huge. This is him right..?

Old 01-10-2007, 07:39 PM

I don't play this high. But I would imagine it would take a very tricky player to seemingly define his hand by 7-betting preflop, and then all of a sudden decide to check the flop as a trap on that board. But if you decide to bet the turn, and he raises you, if your action is not clear, checking the turn is okay.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:01 AM

i guess i'll be the lone voice for this line here:

against an unknown 6 bets pf is plenty. more streets to be had.

now he checks. well he has either 3 outs, 2 outs or you have 2 outs. i would not check this flop. nor would i look to .

i'd bet and call down his raise here.

if he check calls the flop and a blank falls, an argument could be made for bet/folding the turn toa c'r since it's CLEAR you shouldn't be folding given the action you put in.

once he checks the flop though he has given me enough info, and enough reason, barring the check/call, check/raise to see a SD and put in 3 bbs postflop.

Barron