Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 11/12 - Show Open)

[ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth is the greatest. Sure, he is the most annoying guy in the world, but you cannot deny his mere presence at a game always jacks up the comedy factor (mainly -- everyone takes veiled cheapshots at him under the guise of good-natured ribbing, and Hellmuth gets his feelings hurt and acts out even more). I love watching games with that guy.

Also - Howard Ledered is equally a douche. Listening to him say he wasn't feeling Jay-Z's last album made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. He's a good commentator for sure, smart player, but save the rapper name-dropping for the next time you're throwing down at a Young Jeezy concert.

Ivey and Hansen are the best. On the degenerate gamblers board of directors, Ivey is the chairman and Hansen is the shady treasuerer who's being investigated by the FBI for embezzling.

If I was producing this show, I'd replace Harman with Matasow and then get rid of Ferguson and replace him with the Australian loud-mouth guy. Then i would pay Lederer 5k under the table to rile up Hellmuth and give hellmuth 5k to make Annie Duke jokes (nobody sucks out like your sister, etc...), and then have Antonio ride in on the Ultimate Bet-sponsored camel.

Ratings bonanza.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post. LOL at someone making annie duke jokes in front of howard. "your sister SUCKS out..."

i just watched tonight's episode due to NBC's screw up. hellmuth gives a good rant. not nearly as good as the HSP season II rant but fairly decent
Old 11-17-2007, 02:19 AM

is there any links to the episodes? i want to watch
Old 11-17-2007, 03:28 AM

pisses me off how good ivey runs.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM

Hellmuth is PURE entertanment,I am sitting here laughing out loud.I dont know if it is an act or what but it sure as hell is funny!!! He is HILARIOUS!!
Old 11-17-2007, 04:06 AM

SPOILER:

How can Ivey call with middle pair, no kicker against a nit who raised preflop, bet the flop and then 3-bet all-in over his raise?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:12 AM

ivey is my messiah
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 AM

because ivey is god, ldo
Old 11-17-2007, 04:42 AM

What's the word I'm looking for to describe this? Ah, yes: EPIC. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yes it was bad play on howard's part. phil is right, howard does play blind-induced poker, the problem is so does hellmuth. he waits around for his double up like he said, which will only happen when the blinds go high and he's covered, hoping to be 2-1+ fav.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lederer's re-steal would be poor against most players (Phil had put in 1/3 of his stack), but Hellmuth has certainly folded in these situations before. But Hellmuth's schtick really makes me wonder if he actually understands the re-steal. And this is by no means a "new internet concept", Doyle spelled it out in SS1 - you steal, steal, steal, and then when you get called you're a 2-1 dog but you're freerolling with all the chips you've stolen.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Hellmuth's not folding here, but we've seen him do it on this show so many other times. Was it even $1000 more for Howard to call the shove?

Hellmuth doesn't want to play big pots, and in this format, there's no reason to play a big pot early in the game. But what he doesn't get is that you can't just give away chips if you want to outplay people post-flop. And you certainly can't tell everyone at the table you're doing it.

Also, that last hand may have been the most entertaining Ivey's ever been on TV, and he's always had more personality than a lot of people think.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 AM

That last hand was nuts. The blinds must have gone up twice while Ivey was making up his mind. That was a hell of a read he must've had on Howard.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:32 AM

I don't think Ivey had any great read. He just felt obligated to call due to amount invested and pot odds. It was a crying call hoping Howard either had the flush draw or he had thoughts of challenging Jamie Gold's legacy as best bluffer ever.