Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

I'd bet my left nut that Esfandiari is totaly staked in this game.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 AM

$5 to first working youtube link
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm craving a Disaronno on the rocks.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great show, horrible thread. What else is new.

1) Ditto on Antonio's great reads, and I actually don't think he played the AA hand that badly. Super deep stacks, and knows (as well as anyone who's seen Barry on TV) that Greenstein is capable of 3-betting with a big draw (Ks8x). And since he was in the blinds his hand is hard to read. Antonio doesn't want to play a huge pot, especially if he's beat, and with Barry betting out into the field he's capable of holding a flush as well.

When Barry fires the third barrel on the river, Antonio is right to consider that he's beaten (Barry looked like he wanted a call and liked his hand), but of course he has to call there.

2) Doyle played his flush hand fine. All you guys who can see Jamie's cards are gleefully talking about how easy it is to shove like 400BBs into the pot there. Kaplan called it perfectly -- the way Doyle reads the situation (albeit incorrectly), Jamie is either bluffing or he has a monster (unfortunately, Jamie is too bad at poker to realize the 9-high flush is not a monster vs. Doyle). Doyle correctly read that Jamie loved his hand, so he figured he'd let go of the small amount he'd invested into the pot because it's a RIO situation -- if he's beat, he's drawing dead.

The stack sizes made it an awkward hand to be in at the time. With a smaller stack he can shove, and with a larger stack he can call and face a river decision. With 500k and Jamie's raise to 125, Doyle is finding it hard to commit himself with that hand. Folding is a minor mistake if he's ahead of Jamie's bluff (Jamie wouldn't follow through on the river), and if Jamie's ahead, calling is a gigantic mistake.

Great play Doyle, and all these internet fish behind their dorm room 50-Cent posters and suburban Michigan minivans in mom's driveway can relax on the computer chair and pretend they're better at poker than you, but you've been owning the likes of them for decades. Keep on keepin' on.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...Finally a voice of reason in this horrible thread. I bet that most of you who are willing to stack of with the third nuts 400BBs deep are losing players. Blah blah blah Gold bluffs and is a spew monkey yes this is true but sometimes he may just pick up a real hand. In this situation Gold felt like he had the best hand and to me was willing to stack off. Now what Doyle has to ask himself is what hands can I beat? Yeah certain players like to bluff but usually when they are willing to put there whole stack in they think they have the best hand, and they usually get paid off because people think they're bluffing.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW benyamine has major brass balls to play 72 that way. I mean the last guy on earth you want to bluff at is Jamie Gold. The only reason that bluff worked is Gold has absolutely zip and pip. I mean I don't see gold laying down even middle pair. The guy is the biggest fish alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually not 100% sure about this.

If Jamie had say, hit the ten on the turn, I dont think he calls David's third barrel on the turn. This is because I feel Jamie doesn't have a proper sense of putting someone on a "range of hands". He likes to try to guess their hand exactly. He marginalizes situations (see AK hand against PH). He read David for either a massive hand (flopped set or JJ+), or a bluff. He floated the flop to determine the strength of David's hand through his turn betting. I also think he wanted to rep the flush/straight draw he claimed, and if it hit the turn, I'm sure he then may have deliberated a bit more heavily and may have tried to make a move. The jack was one of the worst cards possible for Jamie. So he insta mucks. I don't think a ten on the turn changes much. If he hits the ace, then I think he goes with it.

That's what I think anyway.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
much kudos to first working youtube link

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 AM

god i cant wait for next week. fwiw, i think jamie doubles thru antonius. the way they set up the preview.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is my list of EVs:

EV+:
Patrick
Daniel N.
Antonio E.
Doyle

EV-:
Jamie Gold
Sammy
Guy L.

Borderline:
David B.
Barry G.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ Barry G being borderline EV.

moran.

and also lol @ people berating Doyle's fold. When Gabe was sitting there going on about how Doyle was going to stack Jamie, I was sitting there seriously believing Doyle could muck his hand. Why? Because Doyle can read Jamie like a book, and detected high strength tells. Doyle probably believed that it simply wasn't worth risking his stack (who knows how many 500k bullets he had available?) in a borderline situation. Yes, in hindsight, it was an incorrect fold, but Doyle's ability to pick his spots and stay away from marginal situations (like the AK hand against Barry) testify to his past success.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what you're saying here is ... is that gold made the right decision as well. right?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 AM

wrong forum
Old 11-06-2007, 03:41 AM

Patrik mentioned in his blog that he and Gold play a monster pot. Too bad it was run three times and not just once.