Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Tx Redman Should be [censored] Raped and Die/

[ QUOTE ]

Please ban this idiot. Great, you were molested. Therefore, nobody claims molestation illegitimately. I guess being molested must have taken your ability to reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, firstly, we're not talking about a hypothetical molestation, we're talking about a real one -- one that resulted in a conviction.

And it may well be possible -- albeit highly unlikely -- for someone to claim that their granddaddy diddled them when they were a kid in order to get a few thousand in the bank.

However, it's completely inconceivable to me -- given how stigmatized paedophilia and the incest taboo is, that someone who was actually *innocent* of diddling a twelve year old would plead guilty to having done so.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Recent Amarillo Slim news?

to be honest, if I was in Slim's spot, I'd just plead guilty to that same thing...4k fine + probation = whatever

Especially if you're old and don't need new jobs.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:01 PM

slim molested me too..and we even had a beer after
Old 11-08-2006, 09:30 PM

FWIW there was a large thread on RGP on the molestation incedent at the time of the charges which seemed to suggest that Slim's family was not the most psychologically healthy one (go figure), and a made up, or at least highly exaggerated molestation story, to get to the old man's cash, was not entirely out of the question.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, if I was in Slim's spot, I'd just plead guilty to that same thing...4k fine + probation = whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Zeebo, your reputation is worth way more than 4k, even if you were just some old poker pro.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean if YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER accused you of MOLESTING her, you'd be satisfied with just pleading out if you were innocent?

Course, if you were guilty, that's an OK play, maybe less trauma for all involved, but still.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW there was a large thread on RGP on the molestation incedent at the time of the charges which seemed to suggest that Slim's family was not the most psychologically healthy one (go figure), and a made up, or at least highly exaggerated molestation story, to get to the old man's cash, was not entirely out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how they get cash from him in this way? Blackmail?

If so, it's a pretty simple read to me; If he fights, even against his own family, he might be innocent, but if he pleads, I highly doubt it.

Again, Slim would absolutely, positively 100% be the most famous person in poker right now, with likely the biggest endorements too, if this never happened. If you doubt this, realize that he STILL is likely the most widely known poker player in the world, with little to no publicity other than his book since the charges.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You mean if YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER accused you of MOLESTING her, you'd be satisfied with just pleading out if you were innocent?

[/ QUOTE ]
Slim said he couldn't go through all the legal hassle because of his health and old age and took the quick way out. I understand what you say and it is true for most of us, we would fight it out till the end if we are innocent. But this is Slim we are talking about, an old devil that has done it all in life.

I don't find it that hard to believe that a free living man known for doing crazy stuff like Slim would plead guilty just to get it over with. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks or cares about his reputation, specially at his age.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But this is Slim we are talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means I pretty much don't trust a word he says.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:24 AM

Nobody who is 100% innocent would EVER plead guilty to molesting their grandaughter or anyone else fot that matter.