Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Meterons graph

AJ,

I think its reasonable to skip from step 1 to step 3, and I think its reasonable for bans to go from 1 day to something like 4 days to 1 week to permaban but otherwise I agree
Old 04-04-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
i deleted his post in bbv last time with his graph (a few days ago). I guess he didn't get the message.

I'm going to give him a week off.

Gimme a break. Some of you guys are just ban nutso. A one-week ban for this, to a guy who hasn't been banned before, is out of line.

This should be a one-day ban for emphasis of points you should have made to him in pm: No blog pimping on 2p2.

First time bans should be one day for minor offenses (after pm warnings).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. First step delete the post, document in the user notes and pm issue a warning. Same offense committed suspend for one day with warning of more severe suspensions or complete ban with additional infractions. Ensure the notes are updated for future actions and to help out other mods. JMHO

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a Metetron fan at all, but agree that a week-long ban for this is pretty excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but if he was previously told via PM recently by Guild then its not out of line at all. And mind you I am cool with Metetron, I'm wearing my impartial hat while saying this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the e-mail he sent the forum master and gildwulf's post here, it looks to me like he was never actually warned about this by PM. Just deleting a post doesn't count as a warning.

I'm going to send him a reply and change this to a one day ban. That should make it pretty clear that we're not going to allow this in the future, and we can always ban him for longer if he does it again.

Oh, and [censored] is right.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and [censored] is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is true on most matters he expresses an opinion on.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ah, I thought only I didnt like this guy

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been banned from two other forums that I know of and when I owned Rake Rebate Review he tried to scam me out of advertising then ended up never paying for advertising up to the point I removed him for trying to scam me and then I got a mountain of complaints about him not paying rakeback.

You will be hard pressed to find too many people that have been around a while that don't think he is a complete scumbag.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 PM

bleh, i could have sworn I sent metetron a warning pm. I looked through today but can't find it in my saved msgs. Anyways, you guys are right it was too long. In retrospect I think 1-2 days would have been fine since I hadn't warned him officially in pm.

I thought I did though, bleh.