Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Nightmare on Elm Street for the Dems

If your party elects Rudy because he keeps saying 9/11 over and over your party has even less of a chance. A 3rd party conservative will run and take away to many votes for him to have a shot at beating either Hillary or Obama.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 AM

copernicus, you say what i'm too lazy and uneloquent to say. keep up the good work.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your party elects Rudy because he keeps saying 9/11 over and over your party has even less of a chance. A 3rd party conservative will run and take away to many votes for him to have a shot at beating either Hillary or Obama.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 3rd party conservative from where? LOL. Shrillary is going to find it hard to pick a running mate to start with. Edwards is being shown for the hypocrite he is, and Obama carries with it the potential for an anti-Black vote to go along with the anti-woman vote.

'08 is still very much up for grabs, and more news days like todays certainly can't help the Dems. Moveon's Times ad came a little too soon to have much impact, but if the Dems don't divorce themselves from Sorus there will be more fallout.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:20 AM

I'm so confused.. Democrats take over Congress and you start pointing out how great the country's doing? Is it backwards day?

Consumer spending is up? Wouldn't that give a hard on to the Dems for all those tax dollars they can spend now?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So are you predicting a Republican comeback in 08 or something? You think the Republicans will be able to overcome massive fund raising holes and the lack of real candidates on every level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not predicting anything this far in advance, but i can tell you its Shrillary who's facing an uphill battle. If there is continuing good news in Iraq then the Dems have no platform.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know Hillary does not want want troop with drawl and will not say she was wrong for going to war in Iraq. She is pretty pro Iraq war IMO.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 3rd party conservative from where? LOL. Shrillary is going to find it hard to pick a running mate to start with. Edwards is being shown for the hypocrite he is, and Obama carries with it the potential for an anti-Black vote to go along with the anti-woman vote.

'08 is still very much up for grabs, and more news days like todays certainly can't help the Dems. Moveon's Times ad came a little too soon to have much impact, but if the Dems don't divorce themselves from Sorus there will be more fallout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thanks for the advive, but its all about money. Millions from millions on the web. Dems in a rout. Foreclosures up. Housing crash. Deficit. Yeah, Iraq should be a big plus, along with MN convention bathroom site seeing and Bush speaking, big boost. You guys can't even beat Hillary, no wonder you're losing incumbents like crazy in Congress, not just the criminals and teh gays btw. I predict the trend will continue, a rout worse than 2006, blame the internets baby. Your party is dead and splintering. Turn off the lights on the way out.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:18 AM

Maybe the Republican Party deserves to die, and maybe it should be replaced with this:

"We affirm the principles of inherent individual rights upon which these United States of America were founded:

That each individual is endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are the rights to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness;

That the freedom to own, use, exchange, control, protect, and freely dispose of property is a natural, necessary and inseparable extension of the individual's unalienable rights;

That the legitimate function of government is to secure these rights through the preservation of domestic tranquility, the maintenance of a strong national defense, and the promotion of equal justice for all;

That history makes clear that left unchecked, it is the nature of government to usurp the liberty of its citizens and eventually become a major violator of the people's rights; and

That, therefore, it is essential to bind government with the chains of the Constitution and carefully divide and jealously limit government powers to those assigned by the consent of the governed. "

"Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:

1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;

2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;

3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;

4. Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;

5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;

6. States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government is reserved for the state and local jurisdictions;

7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances."

www.constitutionparty.org

The Third Largest Political Party in the USA

The Constitution Party does repeatedly refer to inalienable, divinely instituted rights; the "divinely instituted" might be off-putting to some, but one could as easily substitute "natural rights" for "divinely instituted rights". The end reverence for those rights, and insistence upon limiting government's powers so government does not usurp those rights from the individual, is similar in either case. The operative principle is that our government does not grant rights but rather exists merely to help secure those rights which are inalienable and which inhere from God or Natural Law. This is the principle upon which the USA was founded, so it is pleasing to see it specifically emphasized by a political party today. I am reading more of the site at this moment.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 AM

lol, the constitution party is just a front for a bunch of religious fundamentalist nutjobs. Plz don't tell me you take them seriously?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, the constitution party is just a front for a bunch of religious fundamentalist nutjobs. Plz don't tell me you take them seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reading the the website now and it seems to me that they have many good ideas about returning the USA to its original intended Constitutional basis. I haven't read the whole site yet, though. I do notice more emphasis than I would care for as regards religious basis, but that is largely irrelevant to me if they would return the country to its proper Constitutional roots and operation.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That each individual is endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are the rights to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted

[/ QUOTE ]Move along..