Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 AM

Default flippin it

hand vs sonartec.... hes a good lagtag but definitely capable of putting bets in a pot and getting out of line perhaps. one hand he 3bet my CO open with 9s8s otb and 3bet my flop check-raise on 7s2d7d, bet the 8c turn and called a river donk on the Ac (besting my Qd9d, was this donk by me terrible btw?)

4 handed BB is very LAG

I open TT in CO, Sonartec 3bets next in, BB caps we both call

flop 664
bb bets, hero raises, sonartec calls, bb calls

turn K
check, hero bets, sonartec raises, bb folds, hero calls?

river blank
hero...

how about if we have QQ here
Old 03-05-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: flippin it

Pretty sure he has a 6, I fold
Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM

I fold the turn. His line really screams MONSTER!
Given the amount of strength you have shown It's very unlikely he's bluffing here on a very dry board.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:17 PM

Honestly his line looks so bogus to me i duno. He is a REALLY aggro player. I think this is a free showdown with 88-QQ on the scarecard K ( maybe trying to fold out some better PPs) at least as often as A6s (2 combos) 66 (1 combo) or 44 (3 combos). I do think he 3bets 44 and A6s here fairly often preflop btw although they are probably tweener hands for him ( i havent discounted those possibilities in my mind). It could be KK or AA but I think he mostly 3bets those on the flop, i think his flop cold call is often either a monster or middish pair seeing what BB does before he puts in more bets.

AK is also a possibility but does he (or should he) call the flop getting 15:2 with BB behind whos 3bet could cut in on his odds plus the strength BB and I have shown should taint his outs with AK even with a bdfd. I think he probably mucks the flop with AKo rite? maybe not.

Either way tho ( lets look at it from the stand point of QQ)out of all those possibilities isnt this a worse PP enough to justify calling the turn with the overlay the pot is offering? He doesnt have to ck behind the river and our hand is good very often for calling the turn to be right, right? (only 1:12)

I was planning on ck folding the river if he bet again not sure thats good at that point tho or if I should be taking these kinda lines. Plus apparently he was going to vb if he didnt time out with JJ so not sure I can trust him to play the way I would expect with certain hands enough to do this stuff (not sure I buy that btw Im thinkin it was more of an after thought or just crossed his mind but wouldnt actually act on it :-P, i ll believe u if u say so tho).

TT mite be pushing it since there are so few combos of worse PPs he could be playing this way (77-99 so 18) but with the overlay on the pot its kinda close isnt it? He really doesnt have to ck behind the river that often and if he ll play those hands this way we are gettin a good overlay (maybe he folds those on the flop too much for this to be good with TT though).
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one hand he 3bet my CO open with 9s8s otb and 3bet my flop check-raise on 7s2d7d, bet the 8c turn and called a river donk on the Ac (besting my Qd9d, was this donk by me terrible btw?)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM

I think aggro leans towards bad if he is cold-calling 2 on that flop and then trying to bluff this turn, no offense as he is one of my HULA teammates and a DAMN good one! But you have to think of why he didn't go 3-cold on the flop.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM

how much of a spew is my river donk there miles (cant be more than half a bet or so right)? im guessing i dont fold a better hand 1:8 tho huh?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:28 PM

Change seats.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:29 PM

isnt wanting to see what BB does a reason for him not to 3bet the flop with 99? does he always fold that on the flop here?

I didnt realize he had a solid read on me btw and knew i wasnt hardly ever raising AQo on the flop here(altho vs this BB id feel fine with AQ hi on the flop truthfully and mite try to move BTN off a small pair), only found that out later.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how much of a spew is my river donk there miles (cant be more than half a bet or so right)? im guessing i dont fold a better hand 1:8 tho huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know I just find that whole hand funny. Preflop 3-bet, your flop c/r on that board, his 3-bet, him sucking out hard on the turn, and then finally your river bet. Good times.