Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Re: The Well: TheRempel

Well you have to remember that I am taking the lead in most of these hands and am dictating the flow postflop. I'm also not making full pot PFR's most of the time. Generally in an unopened pot it's 3BB with a few extra thrown in for limpers. Basically my goal is to make the pot big enough that I can force out medium strength hands on the flop/turn if necessary without making it so large that everyone is automatically playing for stacks on the flop.

As for the hand question, people do not lead generally with sets. Maybe 10% of the people I have ever played with do, so his hand is almost always something that is trying to lead the action like a medium draw. With no other info I probably raise the flop. If he led with a set I make a note and move on to the next hand.

In the second case I like that hand a lot more. Generally if I was led into after I raised preflop by a standard player I would raise 100% because I figure to be ahead of all draws and flipping with 2pr.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"People have this oddball idea that your cards matter more in PLO than they do in NL,"

finally someone said it, why do ppl complain about preflop in omaha. if your have decent position it really doesnt matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me what stakes this becomes true. I don't disagree, but at .10/.25 - .25/.50 whenever i put money in thinking my opponent is marginal and "Can't call" i get called and its usually a coin toss at best. I feel totally lost because while i usually think my opponent made a bad call, I also feel like such a fish becuase i commit so much money when i'm coin toss at best and usually dominated when i do get a call. In fact, i've named this SAG play (Stupid-Aggressive) because it is BY FAR my biggest leak.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:13 PM

Not that anyone asked but here's a few hands from today:

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $258.80
UTG+1: $311.08
MP1: $583.75
CO: $89.91
Button: $182
Hero: $200
BB: $326.51

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $12 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $21)</font>.

Pretty standard preflop. No real reads on BB at this point but it's pretty clear he has AA.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($36, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $34.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $136.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $239.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $45.2</font>.

Standard play by me, pretty awful push by him since he is probably about 30% against my range

Uncalled bets: $57.4 returned to BB.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($400, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $400)

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($400, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $400)

Whiffffff
Results:
Final pot: $400
<font color="#ffffff">BB shows As Qh Ac 7h </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero doesn't show Jc Kd Ad Ts </font>

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $509.89
UTG+1: $65
MP1: $23.63
Hero: $827.11
MP3: $32.40
CO: $74.28
Button: $224.86
SB: $306.41
BB: $126.62

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16.15</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($47.3, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $28</font>, UTG calls.

Villian is a massive call station who thought forever when he called the turn so I knew he had the straight or possibly a set.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($103.3, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $50</font>, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: $203.3
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows 4d 6c 3d 5d </font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG doesn't show As 9h Tc 8h </font>

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $307.08
UTG+1: $601
MP1: $79.91
MP2: $38
MP3: $188.45
Hero: $196
Button: $481.91
SB: $292.35
BB: $122

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $23</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls $17 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $77)</font>.

Button is the same guy who was in the BB in hand 1 so I am eager to play a lot of pots with him.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($94, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $91</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $173</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

100% this player is not leading with a straight with a flush redraw. since the button is auto potting that flop 100% when it's checked to him. He's got a bare JT or a set most of the time here so my push is for value.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($440, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $440)

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($440, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $440)

Results:
Final pot: $440
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows Ac 7d Th Jh </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Qc Qs 6h Ts </font>

Party Poker
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $449.33
UTG+1: $60.22
Hero: $604.81
MP2: $49.87
CO: $165.47
Button: $209.10
SB: $188.94
BB: $360.04

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

UTG+1 is a very loose and aggro fish, but he still falls into the old 'lead out with decent draws, checkraise with strong made hands' in raised pots betting pattern.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $19</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $19 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $39)</font>.

This bet is never a made hand, as I said before. He is smart enough to realise the strength of having a pair with his draw, so he never has a pair (from the board) here either. The best hand he has is KKTx, but I think he would c/r with that for value so I'm 100% sure my hand is good on the flop. I didn't raise because I know pretty much exactly what he has and he will continue to bet. Raising just creates uneccesary variance.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($58, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $55.1</font>, Hero calls $55.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $113.1)</font>.

I improved my hand, not that it matters. You could argue for a raise on the turn but I basically just wanted to [censored] with him a little bit.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($168.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $108.84</font>, Hero calls $108.84 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $277.04)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $385.88
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows Tc 9d 7c Kc </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Ah 6h As 7d </font>
Old 11-24-2006, 05:59 PM

Nobody leads their sets ???

Why is that ? (Aggro higher Stakes games where you can always expect a checkraise or are they waiting for a brick hitting turn before firing at all cannons ?? )
Old 11-24-2006, 07:20 PM

Do you ever play on Pokerstars?

If so, have you ever played against me? (tedkgb34)

What is the best piece of advice you can give me because I am making the transition from NL HE to PLO and I can see myself making a lot of money, I just need to get over the hump you could say.

Is that you in your picture? (You must be a beast)
Old 11-24-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahaha
Old 11-25-2006, 01:10 AM

[Nobody leads their sets ???

PLO seems to cause people who aren't really working very hard at their game to fall into bad habits. Always checkraising strong made hands against the PFR is the norm and very few people I play against don't do it as their standard play.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:13 AM

Do you ever play on Pokerstars?
Not in the last six months no.

If so, have you ever played against me? (tedkgb34)
Probably not.

What is the best piece of advice you can give me because I am making the transition from NL HE to PLO and I can see myself making a lot of money, I just need to get over the hump you could say.

Don't be concerned with making a lot of money. PLO is very streaky and your confidence will be crushed if that's all you think about.

No. I am only a Samurai in those dreams I have where Beset is a geisha who lives only to wash my feet.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:12 AM

Hands 1 and 3 are ugly. The last hand I'm not so sure. Certainly at 2-4 and above the maxim "bet isn't a made hand" isnt true.

gl

dd
Old 11-25-2006, 07:07 AM

Pls post the 18k pot.