Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: NL200: Was this fold too nitty?

OK, let me think about this a little more. I assume that the number of hands is sufficient to be realistic.

He raises (not 3 bets but raises) the top 6-8 hands or so. This assumes that he steals the blinds every once in a great while.

So he raises AA, KK, QQ, AK, JJ, AQs, maybe TT in position and some variable other stuff depending on position.

As for the hand, He 3-bets, although very small, after a limper AND a raiser from middle position. He probably doesn't have KK since there is only 1 possible combination of KK. I doubt that a 4% pfr'er 3bets AQ or TT and AK is even questionable. JJ is questionable but doubtful. So what does that leave, AA or QQ. If you 4 bet he folds most hands you beat and calls with only AA.

It sounds strange, but my standard line here is to call the 3 bet and b/f this flop. I can guarantee that villian never raises the flop without AA after you call the 3-bet and bet the flop.

Extra Bonus: You actually have odds to play KK for set value and strange as that sounds...

As for the actual hand, after the 5 bet this is an EASY fold. He doesn't 5 bet anything but AA.

Thoughts?

SMS