Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Doesn\'t it erk you when....

Your sittin in a live cash game... and ur at a table full of like real goofy supernits and they are always talking about someones play to 1-3 other players seated next to them and using the word "donkey" wayyyy too much during their conversations... cuz to me it makes them look even more like one and also a noob... and then the worst part is when they start discussing the way they played their own hands against each other like "yea man i raised you on that river cuz i knew you didnt have the flush and my pair of 8's were good so thats why i check raised all in ..." I don't know how to put it in words but it just like when you see these guys at the table you just want to smash them in the face with the serving saucer from a waitress... anyone else catch my drift about what im talkin about? it just really annoys me and I try my best not to say anything but sometimes i just tell them to shut the hell up.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Doesn\'t it erk you when....

You need to move up limits so you don't run into these people.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 2/5 and I am paying a decent amount of my money through college ... so I dont right now have the BR to move up.... but i've found this type of player at the 5/10 games when I've taken a shot.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 AM

>>>...you just want to smash them in the face with the serving saucer

Remind me I need my rhino nose stud next time I'm in a game with you.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 2/5 and I am paying a decent amount of my money through college ... so I dont right now have the BR to move up.... but i've found this type of player at the 5/10 games when I've taken a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's being sarcastic. What you just described happens all over every poker room.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:54 AM

ur right...it DOES erk me
Old 11-07-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's being sarcastic. What you just described happens all over every poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]
DAMMIT! I wasn't done with him! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 03:37 AM

you know what absolutely drives me crazy? when morons constantly yell "ship it"...i want to bash their faces off the rail
Old 11-07-2007, 07:04 AM

ship it!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: even more so when ...

Some jerk at the table is constantly displaying to all the limitless bounds of his superior poker wizdum, but most of what he says spews forth like so many vomitous chunks of projectile bullpucky.

Like this schmuck I recently had the displeasure of tossing the cards to. There was a question of cardroom seating procedure - a woman had been seated between the blinds. Her chips arrived and the next hand was dealt, she was waiting to come in behind the button. Now someone says they want that seat. Well had they spoke up sooner, Ida let them have it, but they waited too long. I'm not making someone move this far after the fact. The player wanting the seat accepted this, no problem. Now the mega-nit decides that I don't know diddly and need the benefit of being learned by him. He says he's played at rooms all over the world and that's "at least 5,000" poker rooms. He continues that any player who wants can always take the seat of anyone else who has not been dealt in yet. "Trust me, I know" he informss me.

Oooooooooooooo-kaaaaaaaay.

I'm sorry, but being a rude jerk is not standard staff policy in any cardroom I've been in. Well, ok, the taj-mahal. But not in most. Once someone's situated I don't need a friggin' rulebook cuz I aint making them move.

To further demonstrate his self-proclaimed cardroom prowess, he plays like a moron, folds out of turn, gets disgusted on every single hand he does not win the pot on, and let's not forget winging the cards every hand. His strategic decisions would be much improved if he just bought one of those eight-ball thingies. And he intermixes many bad-beat stories with his strategic mis-advice to the tourists (who would rather he get run over by a dodge truck so they can have a good friggin' time already).

I don't need this schmuck to tell me how to do my friggin' job or 'splain the rules to m. I'm Al_Capone friggin' Junior.

Al