Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 02:49 AM

Default who rulez in online high stakes?

Hello, thats my first post here, but im a viewer for more than 1 year. I'm a regular 3/6 NL player and i want to do some coments and see if yall agree with me. (sorry my english errors)

Everyday when i will sleep i log on tilt or in ps to see the high stakes tables and the high stakers playes. i sleep watching it, and always playing i keep a table opend to see.

I've got some opinions about some players and i want to share with yall and hear your opinions

Well... thats imposible dont start this post begining for sbrugby, sbrugby is the kind of player that you dont want to play against, he is a "boring" player, he is very hard to trap. But I perceive that theres one player that make this guy folds, and this guy is patrick antonius.

I dont know why, but in some kind of flops and situations (raises pre flop, positions), i'm sure that sb wouldnt fold, but i see that he does not like to see himself involved in a pot with PA. Probably cause PA is also really hard to trap... i see that sbrugby see in pa a very huge oponnent

Players that are too much loose and bluff a lot, always think that they are being bluffed, and i think thats the one problem in sbrugby... he wants to be the tables captain and sometimes he makes some calls that still i'm that a fish knows that he is beaten. but to me sb with all agressivity is one of the better players in online poker. he really owns... thats just you see when he sits in a HU table, nobody wants to sit to play against him... grimstar feign that he is in the shower and get out (lol)

in tilt i like also david banyamini, benyamini is a different kind of player, he is a player that raises pre flop in a short handed and dont always bet on flop like 90% of players, benyamini mix his game a lot, and it causes the impression that he always has the nuts (he often has the nuts), in my opinion david do one wrong stuff, i will tell one example and i ALWAYS see him involved in this kind of situation...

the shortstack utg raises pre flop, the cutoff guy reraises, and david in big blind pushes all in with 66, 77... in the best os hipotesys it will be a coin flip, but in majority of time he is the big underdog in this kind of situation, i preffer to believe in david read than the read of mine, but in the situations that i've seen, didnt looked like that he needed to do that... but david still owns, in my opinion the online player that better mix his game.

luc lugnley is a very good surprise to me, in the last months he is without any doubts +EV in any table that he plays, he plays a tight-agressive game, and has a very very good feeling of what kind of boards he has to do moves or not

mjorgensen, i like the game of that nurse... lol, he is a boring player to play against also and he is getting very good profits

grimstar i dont know, i know he is a good player, but i dont like one stuff that he does... he does not play against good players, i think that when sbrugby is online on tilt grimstar dont even seat at the hu table, but he has his value (even he being a hallingal costumer in ps)

now about ps...

in 25/50 tables to me ADZ, winnie pie are the best and halligall also, grim also, ifihaditall in my opinion is a good player and i apreciate also ktrieu... (sorry if i forgot someone, guys could help me to remember)

adz is the ps's sbrugby, to me is the most boring player to play against there, he plays any hands, in any positions, call reraises pre flop with nothing, cause he has a very good reading of his oponents and he desenvolve his flops in a very good way

winniepie, i like this guy, to me he has david benyamini's style, he is tighter and play generaly good hands, he does not play marginal hands or try to do stupid bluffs, i think this guy is losting his time playing nl5000...

hallingall the same, very good player but he has a very loose fame, so to hall is getting harder and harder to bluff each day, thats the kind of player that a middle pair can be the nuts, i think he has to mix a little bit more, but particularly im his biggest fan.

the other that i said are a very boring players, i like ktrieu game especialy, i think he is a very agressive player and mix his game well, i think this guy in sometime will be playing higher and higher stakes, sometimes wants to steal the pot doing crazy stuffs, but its poker...

now in negative opinioes i say: it's linda and sheldonzou (that are the same person for sure), that hit and run... a guy or girl called "persky... ... ", always hit and run also. i saw once itslinda with 8k on the table, pusing all in utg with Q9of... (?????), and her style "hit and run" sux

persky is the samething, she/he wins a big pot and get out minutes later, like dracospinger in pokerstars (100/200)

in ps i really dont like twin caracas, i think this guy is a fish, he is that kind of player that when puts 1 buck on a pot he doesnt get to fold, i think that his software just have "call, raise, all in"... sometimes i want to seat on the table just to tell him "twin, pokerstars.com to download a software with fold botton" he does not even know the meaning of "pot odds", call almost the pot value with 6 outs, play a lot calling with inside str8s... but if he is a bad player, he is also a great lucker

now i have to do some appel to yall, sometime i saw hallingall doing a boycott against shortstacks, what the problem of being a shortstack? i think the problem is hit and run, but if the guy enter with 1k in nl5000 and double it and keep playing, whats the problem?

i know your range to call raises in preflop is very high, but those shortstacks are not given pot odds to you call, so avoid them and respect their game

well guys, thats all, PLEASE, thats just my opinion, i dont want to write it like the truth, everyone has your own opinion...

good lucky everybody!! hope see you guys soon in nl 5000, and be prepared, cause im watching yall everyday!! lol

poker in vein
Old 05-24-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: who rulez in online high stakes?

tl;dr, but i did skim through and read some of it, and this is going to be great
Old 05-24-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-24-2007, 03:28 AM

this should be the FAQ in NVG

-Mike
Old 05-24-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in my opinion david do one stuff wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

whats your first language?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your native language?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:10 AM

portuguese
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 AM

A+ for effort.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:21 AM

this is actually a very good read, well done op [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 AM

blueman, do not spam the topic with secundary subjects please

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread