Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 08:25 AM

Default A6s

Ok, i feel somewhat lost with these kind of situations for some reason. I guess the biggest issue is that while im getting 5:1 pf, the fact that it's raised, makes it difficult to play if i hit an A, since people love raising with Ax hands and im often dominated. On the to other hand, if i had like K9s, i'd have more "clean" cards.

CO is about 20/10/2.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises ?!</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Since he's last to act, he could be putting in just a standard cbet. All i know, he could have pocket 8s. I start looking for a bag to puke into when they both call.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: A6s

I'd probably have played it the exact same way.

That turn card is godawful, making the flush AND straight draw far too likely...
Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 AM

I'd play every street the same.

Even though I'm tempted to just check/fold the turn but maybe I'm being results biased here. Such a horrible card...
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 AM

Nice hand.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:24 AM

I'd play it the same. I would also think about check/folding the turn but that's too weak so I bet/fold too.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 AM

Do not fire this turn. Your flop play was good, and if your opponents are thinking they will put on ace you want to protect. I can't think of a hand that called the flop that didn't just hit 2pair/flush/straight/pair+draw. This is not results oriented, you are almost never good here.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM

nice hand, and of course bet the turn. checking through such a drawheavy card would be awful.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:37 PM

* grunch *

Preflop: With that tight a range for CO you are often dominated. Limper is going to give some overlay but I'd still probably muck this.

Flop: This is a very difficult flop for your hand. If we are ahead we might not be after the turn. I'd be more inclined to see if the turn is a safe card. So, check and call this flop.

You can't lose a single better hand here by raising and many draws will not fold. I really don't like the c/r. It could just isolate you vs a likely better Ace and you are OOP allowing him to play this perfectly from now on.

Turn: as played I guess leading out is ok and the fold the fold is a no-brainer me thinks. Just c/f wouldn't be terrible either IMO.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:54 PM

* semi-grunch *

Pre-flop I'd fold like a shot. He only plays 20% and raises half of those, I'd think I was chasing a better hand with a suited ace-rag.

As played I would wince a little while raising and wince a lot when both call.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:00 PM

to those who fold preflop: cant you guys recognize an iso raise when you see one?

this guy is a 20/10/2 - pretty classic TAG stats. a player who probably sucks has open limped in MP. the TAG is in LP - perfect to try and isolate, especially if he sees the blinds as nitty. he doesnt need a great hand to do this - probably any 2 broadway would suffice. you are getting 5.5:1 on your call. you have more than enough equity in the BB to call this raise pf.